Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Does a high end mixer make a difference?

Im Using an older numark two Chanel mixer with decks and serato mainly for home use right now. I'm wondering what benefit I would see by upgrading to a higher end mixer like the djm850 or 900? Besides the obvious extra two channels which I'm still not sure how I would utilize and some fx which id probably rarely use, what else would i gain?

Mark Zawodny

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

6 commenti

The most important difference you will notice is the improvement in sound quality with a high-end mixer.  All the FX and/or extra channels are nice.... but the sound quality is always my 1st consideration.

The new Pioneer mixer lineup has made nice advances in the sound quality.  I think this will probably be one of the things you would notice first.  Once you get used to playing on a good mixer, it will be hard to go back.  I refuse to DJ on anything but an Allen & Heath mixer, personally.  If the club doesn't have one, then I bring my own.

John Kiser 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Guys, you know the rules about discussing competitors gear.

Gavin 0 voti

I found that not only sonic capabilities have improved massively,but everything on the mixer is better than  the lower end (eg Pots & faders etc) and it should be but that a side, the feel of the layout on the djm series is reflected through the entire range which means the ergonomics are common which means no matter what djm you come across in a booth or where ever, you will have the basic operations of a djm pre programmed in your head so you don't look at the mixer and freeze when your up ,thus leaving your self more relaxed to get a set moving and then start to use the mixer . Bottom line is about what comes out of the speakers so if you feel good then the rest will follow ,I personally hate playing on any inferior gear whether it's decks cdj's or mixers because you need the belief in that when you ask the equipment to do a job it can perform as you expect  with out fail. I ve liked all my djm's to point that  always keep them when I upgrade but he choice is yours. 

D Mark Mills 0 voti

@DMM > Great post - thanks for sharing your thoughts!  :)

Pulse 0 voti