Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Help with DJM-700 and Traktor Pro 2

Hello DJs,

I have 2 CDJ-900s and DJM-700 mixer.  I'm looking into hooking it all up to Traktor Pro 2.  The CDJ-900s are a doddle, but how do I hook up my mixer? No USB port...does this mean I can't connect it to Traktor?  When I hook the CDJs up, the only audio I get is directly out my Mac...I'm assuming this is because my mixing hooked up to the laptop.

Is there no hope or is there a way.  No sweat if it's not, I'll just the the real way ;-)

Cheers

:TheKidJenko

John Jenkins

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

6 commenti

1. What do you hope to do with the mixer and Traktor; how do you with to use the mixer in this setup?

The DJM 700 does not have a USB port or a built in sound card so you have to have a external soundcard to route your audio.

The Audio 4/6/8/10 are all great sound cards by NI and they have MIDI ports too.

So...You hook your CDJ's to your laptop for HID support in Traktor. Now you hook the sound card to your laptop and the sound card to your mixer.

The picture below should sum it up for you.

http://www.udjradio.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/E-Comm-Blog-Assignment-TSP-Setup.jpg

john.walsh 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I want my mixer actions to be relayed in Traktor and for the audio to be channeled out my to amp, not from my CDJs and out my laptop speakers (due to the mixer not be mapped and attached to Traktor).

John Jenkins 0 voti

not sure I understand you...sorry but I'll give it a shot here...

For you to get sound out of your Traktor to your amp, you HAVE to have a sound card.  Now, your mixer does not have a built in sound card so you have to route it from your laptop (which holds Traktor) to the external sound card to your mixer and then your mixer out to your amp. 

If that doesn't explain it, just reword what you originally asked and I'll try again :)

john.walsh 0 voti

Hi there,

Thanks for taking your time to reply.  To be honest, my last response confused me as much as it did you...ha ha.

The sound card response clears that side up for me, thank you.

Regarding Traktor and DJM-700.  How can I make my actions on my mixer, be shown in Traktor i.e. When I move cross fader on my my mixer, it moves within traktor and so on.

Kind Regards

John Jenkins 0 voti

Hi JJ,

No worries man, I enjoy helping out.

OK so what you want is to make your mixer act as a MIDI controller.  you have two options here to send MIDI to your laptop (traktor).

1. The M-Audio Uno.  This will connect to your laptop via USB and to your mixer on "MIDI OUT".  Note that this does NOT send audio; it is not a sound card. 

2. The Audio 8 DJ by NI.  Excellent sound card and it has "MIDI in" and "MIDI out" so that you can kill two birds with one stone.

OK now that we got that out of the way...When you connect all of the above together, you will need to open Traktor and go to the MIDI settings and start mapping what you want.  For example, if you want to map the trip knob on Channel 1 of your mixer to control the trip on Deck A of Traktor, you have to do this in traktor.

Let me know what else you need...

Also want to tell your my 2 cents...I had done this with my DJM 800 and Traktor Pro.  It was not that great.  I, having used it both ways, prefer to have the audio routed to my mixer so that the mixer was not in Traktor.  That is a setting in Traktor where you tell it that your mixer is an external mixer which will make the mixer part of Traktor disappear from your screen and have the deck options available to you.  You can still map other things to you mixer at that time.  For example, you can map the fader start button 1 & 2 to be your sync buttons for deck A & B in traktor.  You can map your MIC knobs to control your effects in tractor.  Up to you....You will see though, mapping a lot of stuff in Traktor, in my opinion, is a pain in the but and time consuming.  Not hard, but just a pain.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

***One last thing ---Google Kontrol X1   It is a good and affordable controller to control traktor beside a mixer.

john.walsh 0 voti

Hi i have the same problem. I have cdj 900 and a djm 700 mixer and i want it to all play through traktor and the audio to play out the master of my mixer. I bought a usb midi interface but how would one map all this. I just want to have normal mixer features and The CDJs link automatically so i am happy with that. So end goal to have my setup play like an controller.

Zico Oaker 0 voti