Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

No sound out of DJM900 Nexus

I have a brand new DJM900 Nexus, 2 CDJ2000 Nexus, and a RMX1000.

CDJ's connected to DJM via RCA via Channels 1 and 2.

RMX connected to DJM via send/return.

CDJ's connected to switch.

DJM connected to switch.

Booth out connected to M-Audio AV40 monitors.

DJM channels 1 and 2 set to USB which I have a USB thumb drive in

CDJ's show the music playing

DJM master level is up enough to hear if there was sound, but the master level L/R isn't lit up at all

Headphones have no sound either

No sound at all.

Please tell me this is something simple I've missed

Smashy

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

9 commenti

why are your DJM channels set to usb? thats only if you are using the mixer as a soundcard which you are not, the djm channel 1 and 2 should be set to the cd/line input if thats where you plugged the cdjs into 

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

well something is obviously not setup or turned up properly, can you shoot a video and post it quick so we can see exactly what you are doing? do you get any lights on channels 1 and 2? 

BriChi 0 voti

ahhhh looks like you gain trims at the top of each channel above "treble" are at zero, crank them up, 

BriChi 0 voti

Turned that up then noticed booth monitor was down. I can hear now, thanks.

If your speakers are plugged into booth monitor does that prevent headphone monitoring? I ask because nothing is coming through the headphones.

What's the best connection for speakers?

Sorry for the questions, but I haven't used a mixer like this before.

The RMX1000 is hooked up and it is showing the correct BPM, but I'm not hearing any effects. Input and output is just into the orange on each. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Smashy 0 voti

headphone monitoring is pre out so it wouldnt effect it, make sure the cue is pressed for the channel you want, maybe swith the jack setting between strereo and mono, Mine doesnt work on stereo for single headphones

i dont use outboard effects but I would assume to hear the effects from the 1000 being you are using the send/return you would have to turn the effects knob on the 900 to send/return and turn the effects button on on the bottom right of the mixer

BriChi 0 voti

That worked, thanks. Weird thing is it only works on the channel 1.

Smashy 0 voti