Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Bit dissapointed with RMX 1000

So i purchased a RMX1000 last week. First of all nice unit and nice FX, but it really didn't add anything to my CDJ900 / DJM900 combo. Ofcourse the samples on the ribbon are fun, but more a gimmick, roll&ribbon on the DJM achieve the same. the multiband functions on the EQs are nice, but not worth 650 euro. The rest is the same dsp source as in the other products, just repacked under new knobs.

Then the VSTi, really cool, multiple instances and such, but..... It reduces a 650 euro unit to a controller, in PC mode no audio or dsp from the RMX1000 is leveraged, it's all done in the PC, The RMX1000 is then reduced to just a glorified dongle/controller. Wouldn't mind buying the RMX1000 plugin only for something like 80€ or so.

Overall still impressive piece of kit, but IMHO at the wrong pricepoint, compared to what other Pioneer products offer. Something like 349,00 would look around right. Needless to say i exchanged mine for a DJX AERO this weekend. Insane value for only a 300 euro more. RMX1000 is a great poduct for extending life cycle of a DJM800, but then again the smart guy would sell the 800 and upgrade to the 850 or 900. Change it's pricepoint and i might buy it again, for now a bit out of priceposition compared to rest of the line up.

J.J. Dekker

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

i kind of agree on your dissapointment here - im returing mine today - my honest opinion is that i found it to be a huge overkill when coupled with my djm 2000; plus the issue of either connecting it on the send/return (thus being able to record stuff from rmx 1000 - but at the same time unable to combine w/ djm 2000 effects) vs connecting it to the master (thus unable to record but being able to combine w/ djm 2000 effects) really killed it for me... i dont know... am i the only one that thinks rmx 1000 + djm 2000 is a huge overkill? i know its in a totally different direction but im thinking of adding an x1 instead even if i have to have my computer somewhere in my setup... i dont know i thought it was an unnecessary addition to my 2 cdj2ks + djm 2000... just my thoughts and would like to know if im missing something here? the send/return issue sort of killed it for me too... if i got the rmx 1000 i wanted to be able to sidechain everything with my djm 2000 + record it and not have it be mutually exclusive...

FSR 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

9 of the 11 FX are identical just different packaged

again, i like the controller, but next to a current DJM850/900/2000 for 99% redudant.

that together with the pricepoint made me swap for the XDJ-AERO, again 80% of the FX of the RMX-1000, but with a full wireless standalone DJ solution on top :) for only 300 more.

To top things off and just confirm my decission, today i opened a project in Cubase and the RMX-1000 plugin works without the unit!!!!!!!

I opened a project where i used the RMX-1000 last week and it just works..... I need to read the license agreement if it may be usec withoutt the controller, as it is a public download and i have no intentions to be incompliant. But that was kind of a shocker too.

J.J. Dekker 0 voti

I bought my RMX at launch.  While I love messing around with it I'm struggling to find a good reason to keep it.  I also have the DJM900.  Like mentioned above most of the effects can be duplicated on the DJM.  Considering selling mine and put the cash towards another CDJ.

Hesitant 0 voti

The Lamborghini family of cars are amazing, but are terrible at taking the kids to school and getting groceries, transporting my bike to go for a ride...

While we all love shiny new toys, you really need to assess if it's the right tool for the job -- don't use a hammer to loosen a bolt.  If you've already got a DJM900 or DJM2000, you can certainly add to the built-in effects by incorporating an RMX-1000, but most people don't use the DJM's effects to full potential.

Pulse 0 voti