Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

CDJ 1000 waveform loading on mp3 AUDIO vs mp3 DATA

I've used audio cds with CDJ 800s and 1000s for years, but I've never tried a data cd with the CDJ 1000 MK3. My question is about the display of the waveform on the MK3 while using an audio cd vs a mp3 data cd. When using a data cd on the MK3, how long does it take for the waveform display, just as fast as an audio CD, slower, or never ??? I was going to buy a pair of CDJ 900s to get USB support and ditch my cds, but after finding out that the waveforms load in real time, I am now considering getting some CDJ 100s and using data cds. What do you guys think ?

andrewkoutsoukos

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

The waveform data load rate of a 1000 is significantly slower than anything else because it has to decompress the track and build the waveform in realtime as the track plays.  The best solution is a rekordbox analysed USB stick in a CDJ900 as the waveforms load instantly.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Ok, the 900s are certainly an option.  Would I be able to save CUE points from Rekordbox to a SD card, and then insert the SD card and data MP3 disc into the 1000 MK3 and have the waveforms load instantly ?

andrewkoutsoukos 0 voti

@andrewkoutsoukos > Sorry but the CDJ-1000 MK3 does not support Rekordbox analyzed files.

The only players that support Rekordbox files are the CDJ-2000 via SD Card, USB device, and LINK connection; the CDJ-900 via USB device, and LINK connection; the CDJ-850 via USB device; and the CDJ-350 via USB device.

Foster 0 voti