Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

Rekordbox.exe has stopped working (Crashes before it even starts)

I had a similar problem before (see this thread)  http://forums-archive.pioneerdj.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/240103214/m/1060055226

Not quite sure what's happening this time, but ever since I upgraded to 1.5 things aren't working anymore.

I DID revert back to 1.0 and then 1.3.1 and those work great, but when i try to install 1.4.1 or 1.5 I get the crashing on startup.

I tried unplugging / disabling everything i could. Not quite sure what else i should do

Yes I already removed the database folder. It doesn't recreate one...it just crashes before that. i'm not sure if this helps, but this is what i have.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Rekordbox.exe

Application Version: 1.5.0.15

Application Timestamp: 4e03290d

Fault Module Name: Rekordbox.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.5.0.15

Fault Module Timestamp: 4e03290d

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00ad05f1

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

JoshBillings

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

Yes have read that and tried everything.

Why does Pioneer not host old versions of their software on their site...especially since it's so buggy. 1.3 works for me though just an FYI. Will the playlists work with the new firmware CDJ-2000s?

What specifically changed from 1.3-1.4 that would be causing these crashes?

Also...why the hell do we still need to put in serial numbers? This software is for Pioneer products only. Seems pointless to have it "protected" by a serial number. If that's what's causing the issues I'd be super upset. I did notice rekordbox tries to make itself the only thing that can use my audio card or something though. Which was kind of odd.

Josh Billings

JoshBillings 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Still happening...seriously how does an older version of the software function more reliably than the newer version? I dont get it

Josh

JoshBillings 0 voti

I agree about the serial numbers.  You can just get one off of the pioneer site, and the software is free so I'm not sure why its still part of the application; especially when it causes issues when trying to sync between multiple computers... I assume its just a way to force people to take their long survey when they lose their original key.

Mortfrog 0 voti

Still not working for me....seriously guys? No solutions? Thank god i was able to find an old version to install, but you guys should host the old versions of the software too...especially with software that is so buggy and so many people have issues with. 1.3 works, but after that it doesn't. What changed that could be causing the crashes?

JoshBillings 0 voti

hi josh, exactly same thing is happening to my rekordbox. i'm on a dell inspiron 1545 using vista. 1.4 worked PERFECTLY, since i updated 1.5 it doesnt start up at all. doesnt even load up 1.4 now on my laptop but works perfectly on my dad's lappie. any ideas?

i have spent four hours on forums trying to fix this...

thanks in advance

robert moth 0 voti

@Josh and @robert > can you please download and run the SIW tool (it's a stand-alone diagnostic utility, no installation required).  Run SIW and then go to File > Create Report File > HTML and then EMAIL me the file (don't post it as an attachment here).

Pulse 0 voti