Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

[SOLVED] Update collection doesn't update Key & Color??

When I "Export track" from collection it sends over Color & Key information to my USB that's all good however...

If I change the key and color on the USB device and then "update collection" the information doesn't change??

Is there anyway around this I've been changing all the details on my device and not in the collection and now I need them all in collection and don't fancy going through it all again!

Dave Bessant

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

8 commenti

Hi,

I have the same problem, i update details of track info and update libary button never works, i have to drag all updated tracks back over to my flashdrive, its a real pain.

Can anyone help us here? I always wonder why there is no sync!!!!

Frankie Summerbell 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

A few quirks which are still being worked out, those suggestions are already in the box and we appreciate your patience in the meantime!  Thanks.

Pulse 0 voti

Has this issue been resovled yet?

I changed some keys on my recorbox library and "updated" my flashdrive collection yet the keys are not as I changed them on the flash drive when I insert it into a CDJ?

Armand 0 voti

Sweet Jeebus yes, this topic is from 2011; rekordbox 3.2.1 certainly has resolved the issues above. What exactly is not updating? Can you please outline the procedure step-by-step so we can identify what isn't being updated and why?

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Plulse, Yes I saw it is from 2011. But I think I have found what I did wrong.

Am I correct that the "update collection" function works from your flashdrive to your Rekordbox library and not from your Rekordbox library to your flash drive?

I mean like I made changes on Rekorbox on my Macbook (updated ratings etc.) and then just did the "update collection" function on my flash drive, and then removed my flashdrive thinking it updated all the stuff on my flash drive? 

Armand 0 voti

@Armand > In order to update your flash drive, you need to re-export something (or use the Sync feature to update it). The Update Collection action is to retrieve the changed data from the USB device to modify your rekordbox library. You want to re-export or sync.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Pulse. Thanks so much for the reply.

You are correct, sorry I had it other way round hence my stuff never got updated on my USB Flashdrive 😁

I have now setup the synchronisation feature and it is currently busy exporting all my updated stuff. Thanks for the help with this

Armand 0 voti

No problem - considering this solved! If you need any other assistance, please open a new topic and we'll be glad to help. If it relates back to this, link to this topic and we can use it for reference.

Pulse 0 voti