Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Rekordbox 1.5.0.15 Crashing - OSX

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting:  Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: OSX 10.6.7

2) OS Type: 32bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.0.15

4) Using LINK: No

4a) LINK Connection method: None

4b) Using with CDJs: No

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: FAT32

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: N/A

5c) With what utility did you format the device: OSX

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: Apple Crash Log - Rekordbox Quit Unexpectedly

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: Yes

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: HDD Western Digital Studio Firewire

Provide as much detail of the issue here:

Installed rekordbox on my Mac today, dropped my library from my hard drive to the software, all ok.

Rekordbox begins analysing the tracks, but roughly a hour or so in, the software shows a spinner - then crashes with the below error report;

Rekordbox Quit Unexpectedly

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000005df79a78

Crashed Thread: 8

Any Thoughts?

Scott McGurk

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

Can you try importing your existing collection in bits at a time? Say 20% at a time?  How many tracks are you importing?

Also Snow Leopard's 64 bit :)

AngusGibbins 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Yep - I'll give that a try tonight. Fair enough, I am importing something like 7000 tracks, but RB should be able to handle this I'd have thought!

Funny thing is, they all show in the track list, the software crashes while analysing - only does about 100 tracks, then crashes. If I re-open, it'll process another 100ish and so on.

either way, I'll try a bit at a time and see, but its making me very nervous about using reckordbox in a live setup!

Scott McGurk 0 voti

Definitely agree with you, I've complained many times about the primitiveness of RekordBox and many others have as well, it should be able to support multiple processor cores as well and analyse more than one track at a time.

FWIW about it's stability: I record a monthly (used to do weekly, but it got too much) radio show at home on my CDJs running RekordBox and recording into Apple Logic simultaneously on the same laptop and RekordBox hasn't skipped a single beat yet while doing so, it's mainly the library maintenance stuff where it starts getting screwy for me.

Having said that though I'm a USB guy when I play in nightclubs here.

AngusGibbins 0 voti

I'm guessing I'm in the same boat - personally, I use Serato and the SL-4 for any live stuff I'm doing at the moment, and since the 900's are now native with Serato I guess its not a major problem - just like the thought of being able to almost setup my show, before I turn up to play it out!

From what I've been looking at, the error is a memory management error. Looks awful like the software is trying to access something which isnt there...

I'll try and import the library from the local drive as well, cant see why Firewire would cause an issue - but desperate times!

Scott McGurk 0 voti

I've been using FireWire with no issues, can save you the trouble and guarantee that's not the issue.

I'd definitely try importing maybe 500 or so at a time. All your music files aren't saved in a single folder by chance are they?

AngusGibbins 0 voti

Ok, quick update - tried the import with 100 tracks - same issue - analyses some, then dies with the same error!

Nope, organized by album on the hard drive - I'm guessing max 100 tracks in some of the bigger folders.

Oh well, guess I'll just need to hang on till Pioneer sort it out - or revert to a previous version - still a bit gutted since I've now got some rather expensive players, which don't do what it says on the tin!

Scott McGurk 0 voti

Try importing maybe 10 or so of those 100 at a time, if that works, try another 10 and keep going until you see if it crashes on any particular of those folders.

It's weird, when I started using RekordBox I was able to import my ~2000 track library with no problems

AngusGibbins 0 voti