Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Segui

RB keeps crashing, any help please...

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting:  Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: Vista

2) OS Type: 32bit

3) Rekordbox version:  1,5,1

4) Using LINK: No

** 4a) LINK Connection method*: Not applicable

4b) Using with CDJs*: Yes (but only via USB)

**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system
:Nothing

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: Unsure

5c) With what utility did you format the device*: Havent ever formatted the USB stick

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: No

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
: No

**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all
: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: Both

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: Not Applicable

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes

**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only
:

**Provide as much detail of the issue here
*:

I got my CDJs about 1-2 weeks ago and installed the RB software straight away. From the outset, it has worked intermittently. I imported everything from my iphone, roughly 1500 songs. When I realised Id important loads of rap & stuff, I didnt want to have in RB, I then proceeded to manage my music files and dediced to create a specific EDM folder that would have all the tracks I needed for RB. I have also been using an older version of Mixed In Key and wonder if this is maybe causing a problem with RB? Other than that, Im at a total loss. As I said, it works sometimes for a while, othertimes it will literally just start up and then crash. When its closed and I try toopen it again, it crashes straight away. It is in the processing of my library for a second time and will either stay open for a few hours as it did this morning, but then as soon as it crashes once, it keeps doing it.  Looking in the Pioneer Crash Report folder, I have 36 system crash reports since 30/11/11. I must admit, my Acer laptop has some of its own issues which I understand may not help in anyway, but surely old age cant cause RB to crash all the time?

Any help is very much appreciated

Matt Habib

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

I have now moved from an Acer PC to a brand new Macbook Pro, Mac OSX, 2.7, 4gb, 500gb.

I installed Rekordbox and guess what? It crashed after analysing about 60 songs.

Can someone please let me know what to do as I am buying a new CDJ soon and would rather have everything organised before then.

Also, I posted my original problem about 2-3 weeks ago and no-one has made any effort to help me out which I think is bad customer service considering I have just spent over £1000 on brand new equipment

Matt Habib 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@Matt > I think it could be crashing due to file format or inconsistent files. What format are you tracks in? Please remember that Rekordbox is not compatible with every file type and this may cause the program to crash.

Import a small batch of files at a time - this may help in identifying the problematic tracks.

Also, I apologise for missing the original post - sometimes (albeit, rarely) some posts are overlooked.

Gavin 0 voti

@Gavin > Thanks very much for getting back to me, I appreciate that my comment about bad customer service was a bit distasteful, just a bit frustrated that newer posts were getting comments etc. But yeh, thanks for getting back to me. its much appreciated

I have all of my music in .mp3 format but I actually think you're spot on with "inconsistent" files. After I had finished transferring songs from PC to MAC, I noticed that Finder was showing hidden files and there seemed to be something going on with a few 2pac songs which may have been "corrupted" or something similar.

I was able to finally get the rest of my music library organized through RB and it probably scanned through a few hundred tracks without any crashing issues. Like you said, the fact I was probably trying to get RB to analyse too many tracks at once, probably wont have helped.

Once again Gav, thanks v much for getting back to me mate, its a relief to get some feedback and if I have any more issues with RB over the next wee while (after I receive my 2nd CDJ350 2moro) I will seeking some more advice/feedback/help from either you or the other moderators.

Thanks again, Happy New Years

Matt Habib 0 voti