Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

rekordbox library restoration

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes

1) Operating System: Windows 7

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.1

4) Using LINK: No

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system:FAT32

** 5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: No

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: No

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
: No

**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all
*: No

My question is this: can I recreate the native rekordbox library on my computer using a harddrive with my library in exported form? I've recently re-installed my OS and forgot to backup the rekordbox database. It would be an enormous relief if I dont have to recreate my entire library track by track.

Thanks

Eric Shaw

Eric Shaw

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

As long as you are saying you backed up the library and all the content is in the same place you should be able to do exactly that,

if you are saying you only have the exported version then it wont work afaik.

you need the database that held all the information of your collection.

Nick Hilton 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Sorry, the export library is not a copy of the internal database; you'll need to re-import and re-build.

Pulse 0 voti

No I have no backup. But is there any way copy cut point and hot cue information from my exported library to the internal database?

Eric Shaw 0 voti

Currently, no, but it is something we have asked the engineers to try and implement in cases such as this.  Unfortunately at this time, the best option is for you to have a backup but as you don't, you'll manually have to re-build them.

Pulse 0 voti

Follow-up question: I currently have two exported libraries on two harddrives. Is it possible to just copy all the rekordbox information from one drive to the other? Because in that case I wouldn't have to recreate the internal database, I could just as well work directly on the drive when adding and cueing new music in rekordbox, all the while keeping a backup on the second hard drive.

Eric Shaw 0 voti

Well, yes and no...

You can certainly clone an external (export) drive so you have two working copies of your export, however -- if that drive is not your audio source for youre rekordbox library, it won't do much to help your situation.

The way I organize and manage my music is I have an external drive on my PC with which I rip and tag all my CDs.  That drive is cloned to another external drive which I use with my Mac.  It acts as the source audio for my Serato and rekordbox libraries.  I have a third external drive which is my rekordbox export.  It has all the music I need to have analyzed and exported for use with the CDJs.  I don't have a copy of that drive but as I have two copies of my main audio files (along with a cloud image of the drive), I can always re-export to the rekordbox drive again if needed.

Pulse 0 voti