Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

rekordbox problem and windows media player

hello pulse,i had a problem when i was working live,i connect my laptop to rekordbox and cdj2000,but before starting playing i was working with the windows media player that is not working normal on my laptop,so when i finished with media player it seems it still working and its process didnt stopped,so when i drag a song to a player it took a long time to start,after that the song that were playing stopped,i did a restart for my laptop to resume this problem,and now everything is normal,so don't use media player before using rekordbox,i just want to tell you about this problem,thanks.

DJ FADY

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

i also have the windows media player problem with the process still running after i close it down on a windows 7 32bit machine. I have to kill the process otherwise it hogs 50% of my processor. i hadnt thought it was a conflict with rekordbox?

travellingpom 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

thats what happened with me,i have the HP i7 64bit,after i end the process and restart my laptop everything goes normal and no problem till now,even if i use soundforge to rekord live my work.

DJ FADY 0 voti

I'm not sure that this is a rekordbox problem; if you use other software does it happen?  Does rekordbox operate normally during that time?

Pulse 0 voti

i am not saying that it's a rekordbox problem,i think the media player made the problem,when i use with soundforge everything is normal

DJ FADY 0 voti

I guess there may still be a couple of DJs who may accidentally open WMP.  ;)

Pulse 0 voti

i think its more about seeing if we get any more users who experience the wmplayer.exe process problem when they have rekordbox running on the machine. I am 90% certain its a red herring or there could be some conflicting code albeit unlikely as my process dosnt terminate even with rekordbox closed down.. i am glad DJ fady posted the problem otherwise i wouldnt have thought about the possible conflict with rekordbox  or for other djs who for some reason still have wmplayer process running.. there is a microsoft article about it (not related to rekordbox)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/thread/090d02ac-ed23-4a13-901f-007cc233073a/

travellingpom 0 voti