Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Adjusting beatgrid

Hi guys, I've had cdj 2000's and rekordbox for over a year but I haven't really given much attention to adjusting the beatgrid til now.

On rekordbox i have several tracks which state 123.99 bpm for example, do these tracks need adjusted? Tracks which are even numbers for example 124 bpm, would it be worthwhile to make sure they are on beat?

After adjusting each track, is it necessary to press quantize within rekordbox and the memory tab to save any changes?

Thanks very much

endorphin

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

@endorphin > Just take a look at those tracks and see where the beatgrid markers are placed -- if they're bang-on, don't mess with it, even if it shows 123.99!  There's no need to press anything as it saves automatically.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@Pulse > I noticed in your youtube vid regarding adjusting the beatgrid that you pressed quantize and set a cue point. Just to clarify, are you saying all I need to do is ensure that the beatgrid markers are spot on with no need for cue points etc?

Thanks

endorphin 0 voti

Pretty much.  The only reason I set a cue is that's the way I work -- even in software when I cue a track I set the initial cue as hot cue 1, just my method.  :)

Pulse 0 voti

@Pulse > One final question for you, I read in a previous thread that a forum member used ableton live to warp his tracks pre import to rekordbox. I use wav files and was wondering if this method was perhaps more accurate at adjusting the beatgrid for use on the players?

Cheers

endorphin 0 voti

The only reason you might want to warp your tracks is if you notice that the beats are not in perfect time -- if the beatgrid doesn't stay in measure or changes the time between markers, it's either a live drummer or a poorly mastered electronic track.

Pulse 0 voti

That's me who sometimes uses Ableton Live to warp tracks before importing to Rekordbox.

Sometimes, not always, I come across tracks which do not have a perfectly stable tempo.  I'm not sure why this happens, but I can assure you it does.  So when I come across tracks like those, I will use Ableton Live to correct the tempo variations and then render a new copy of the audio file.  The new audio file will then have a perfectly stable tempo and I can use Normal mode in Rekordbox to analyse, and then the grid should be very easy to line up.

Fuse Promote 0 voti