Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

[CLOSED] Rekordbox crashes after importing music

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes.

1) Operating System: win 7

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.1

4) Using LINK: No 

4a) LINK Connection method:  

4b) Using with CDJs:

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: SSD

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No 

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device:  -

5c) With what utility did you format the device: win 7 install disc

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: ... its been defragmented and scanned for file errors. 

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all:  Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: crash log 

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No Yes

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem:  Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently:  Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only

Provide as much detail of the issue here: 

Rekordbox is a fresh install on a brandnew personal computer (6core AMD 3.3 ghz, 4gb ram 1600mhz, 128 GB SSD) everything works perfectly, except rekordbox and its way of importing folders/playlists.

All my files have been scanned by mp3val and repaired if needed. When I import a single file it works well. As soon as i import a folder (with subfolders, created by rekordbox on my usb) It starts preparing and then crashes. After doing this rekordbox keeps on crashing on start-up.

My laptop crashed and died. I lost everything, harddrive was fryed. So my collection, that i export to my usb with rekordbox for use with cdj2000, is the only mp3 left. So I copied the 'contents'  folder from my usb stick to  C:/users/music/contents and imported 'contents'. I can open rekordbox again, if i delete the library file that rekordbox uses.

I've also tried to load an Itunes playlist with all my music in it. And it prepares, and then crashes and acts the same way after I tried to import the whole folder as described before.

**p.s. Extra question: I have tons of loops, hotcues and more on my usb stick, wich i can't import within rekordbox It doesn't import the usb collection to my (empty) database. So i can't update with the cues from my usb

some help would be appreciated. I have no idea why it's not working. **

Sander de Koning

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

4 commenti

I have been having similar problems. Did you find a solution?

Jack Ryan 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

<EDIT> Scrap that, you did start your own thread. </EDIT>

Pulse 0 voti

little old, but yes I did find a solution .. Im now working on a macbook air, ...

Sander de Koning 0 voti