Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Using existing CD Hot Cues & RB on SD + RB Cues not saving

I have 2 SD cards which currently have all my Cues etc. for my CDs saved on them. (CDJ2000)

I have created backups by copying the 'PIONEER' folder to my Mac.

I have just installed Rekordbox and exported a few playlists to new SD cards.

I hoped i could simply copy the 'PIONEER' folder to the new cards so I have the Cues saved for my CDs also but

my Mac gives the message;

'The item 'PIONEER' cannot be replaced because it's invisible' 

To clarify, the Mac is not connected to the CDJ's, I want my CD Hot Cues and Rekordbox playlists on my SD cards.

Many thanks

SDHC 8GB - MS-DOS (FAT32)

CDJ2000 v4.05

Rekordbox 1.51 

Mac OSX 10.6.8 

Tom Easterfield

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

@Tom > I have never tried this personally, but I don't believe you can just copy the hidden "PIONEER" folder to an SD card, and have it display all your saved waveform and Cue data on a CDJ when using CD's. I could be wrong though.

Is this what you're trying to do, or am I misunderstanding? :) 

Foster 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Thanks for your reply Foster, u understood correct.

This backup technique worked fine on CDJ1000 cards as the PIONEER folder was not hidden. 

I have found a (slightly crude) work around which appears to have been successful.

On Mac OSX 10.5 or later;

Command-F (Find)

Under 'Kind' select 'File Visibility' > 'Invisible Files'

Enter the search term 'PIONEER' (with the Rekordbox SD card loaded in the Mac) 

Now you can view the hidden folder contents.

Drag and drop the files 'CDJ' and 'MPJ' from the backed up SD cards into the hidden folder.

Now I have my old CD Cues available to me on the players and the Rekordbox playlists on the same SD card.

I havnt prepared any Cues or loops in Rekordbox yet so do not know if this will have any ill effect on that functionality.

Tom Easterfield 0 voti

@Tom > Wait, I'm confused now. lol

Were you trying to add files/folders to the "PIONEER" folder from the SD card and it wouldn't let you?

Or were you trying to copy the files/folders from the "PIONEER" folder onto an SD card?

Foster 0 voti

@Foster > My old cues for CD where on 1GB SD cards.

I bought larger cards and loaded RB playlists on them but needed my old CD cues also.

Thanks for your help :-) 

Tom Easterfield 0 voti

More problems im afraid after getting my CD cues copied over;

No Cues or loops i make on the CD player get saved (from RB playlists)

I create the loop, set it to a HOT CUE button then hit MEMORY.

After the player is powered up the next night no Cues or loops are saved from the RB playlists.

I select SD card, load a track which know i saved a loop on the previous night, press CUE/LOOP CALL and i get the message in red; NO CUE/ LOOP POINT

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Tom Easterfield 0 voti

And strangely the problem has gone away, the last 2 nights everything seems to have saved. Good thing i guess

Tom Easterfield 0 voti