Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

using a device for input

Could it be made possible to use a device (used as an output) on rekordbox on one computer, as an input for rekordbox on an other computer? This would make the whole rekordbox migration a lot easier...everything you need is on the device (songs, cue points,...).

That would make it also safer since I don't like the pioneers to be directly connected with rekordbox since the original cue points and loops can be overwritten when playing around on the pioneers (e.g. using the loop cutter...), therefore I always use a device and never update cuepoints back to rekordbox

Cheers!

s_decoster

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

9 commenti

I'm not entirely sure I understand ... you want to import content from an export drive to another computer?  That isn't currently supported, much like you can't plug an iPod / iPhone into another computer and transfer the contents.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Yes, I would like to import content from an export drive to another computer? In this way all the "rekordbox migration " problems could be easily solved (in any case, this method would be WAY more easy than the current one)... It would make it also a lot easier for dj's who play on more than one computer (e.g. dj's who play together with an other dj).

In this way, you could also export a part of your collection to the computer you will take to the venue (e.g. a few selected playlists).

s_decoster 0 voti

@s_decoster > We're trying to make rekordbox migration as easy as possible, but what you are suggesting, I don't believe, could be possible - certainly not that simplistic an approach. You'd still need to point the second rekordbox to look for the data on the first rekordbox.

Gavin 0 voti

But all the data are on the exported device (rekordbox also exports the mp3's, as well as all the cue points ect), so I don't think there is any need for the first rekordbox, since all information is on the device?

s_decoster 0 voti

But the database information is all linked to the first Rekordbox...

Gavin 0 voti

Hey gavin! What do you mean with database information? what other information do you need besides the information that is also available on the device (e.g. cue points, loops, bpm, the mp3 and all metadata)? Just trying to understand, thanks for the reply!!

s_decoster 0 voti

I think Pioneer just want to be Apple's best friend concerning their terror on digital rights management.

We're DJ's, give them all the creativity and possibilities to do with their MusicFiles!

Sebastiaan Keijmel // DJ B.K. 0 voti

I don't understand Pioneer's technical objection.

If I stick my device into a CDJ i find everything I need: music files, metadata with beatgrids and hot cues and playlists. Let us import this stuff into another rekordbox. If the CDJ doesn't care about this original rekordbox database stored on the original computer, why should a computer that is incredibly more powerful and smarter than a CDJ care about this missing database? Just build a new one based on the information on the device.

The iPod not transferring music TO computers is not a good excuse: that is something that Apple implemented in the iPod to win acceptance of the whole iTunes/iPod digital music business from the record labels. Showing them that it was not possible to use the iPod to copy music easily was essential to win their support, and it's still implemented today. It was not and it is still not a technical limitation: you can find scores of third party software that can extract the content of the iOS devices and copy it to your computer.

Julia O 0 voti