@Richard > What tool are you using to format the external hard drive? It seems like you'll need to format to FAT again (as it is partitioned as NTFS). Please be sure to back up all your data on the hard drive first before you format it. This may be why Rekordbox is crashing.
External Hard Drive Crashes Rekordbox
0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!
1) Operating System: XP
2) OS Type: 64bit (but not sure as following the windows instructions to find out doesnt work)
3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.1
4) Using LINK: No
4a) LINK Connection method:
4b) Using with CDJs: Yes 2 x CDJ2000
5) Hard drive: External Hard Drive. Marked as FAT32 but if you click properties it says NTFS (possible to format to exFAT)
5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: Unsure
5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: Unsure
5c) With what utility did you format the device: (cant remember)
6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes
7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes
8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: Yes
8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: crash log OR both
8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages:
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes
10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: Use Samsung 1TB External Hard Drive connected via USB 3
Provide as much detail of the issue here: Recordbox works fine until i connect the external HD & then it crashes with an error message as whether to send an error report. I have been using the same device for 3 mths with no previous problems & the device works fine when connected to the CDJ2000s still.
Accedi per aggiungere un commento.
@Richard > just as a follow up, please update to the latest version of rekordbox (v1.5.2) which should resolve this issue.