Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Help !!

Hi there I've just recorded a mix using RB and 2 CDJ2000's and the audio is really poor. Further to this all the beats seem off with each of the tracks sounding slightly out of synchronisation. I didn't have Master Tempo engaged and all the tracks were within 1.6 percent of BPM. 

My mixer is set to keep the output levels below 0db and the record level is set to -10DB - is there any other reasons why it would sound so poor. 

I'm no sound engineer but I kinda think it's because everything is too loud - would this create this type of perceived effect on playback ?

Thanks in advance

Paulm72

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

Rekordbox doesn't control the quality of the audio. What you put in it is what you get out, so I would look outside the software for a problem. Make sure you have all the levels set correctly on the PC or laptop you're recording onto and that the level coming out of the source (your DJ mixer) are set properly. As far as beats being off, it's all mixing and beat matching.

kooba 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@Paulm72 > A bit more information would be great to help pinpoint what's going on here. :)

1. What mixer did you use to record?
  2. What software did you record into?
  3. How did you connect your mixer to your computer to record?
  4. What type/brand/model of computer did you connect to for the recording?

@koobah > It sounds like you're saying you can record with Rekordbox? Unfortunately that is not something RB can do and you require 3rd party software to record. ;)

Foster 0 voti

@koobah > Yupp. :) 3rd party freeware such as Audacity can do the trick.

Foster 0 voti

The "Really?" comment was not supposed to be taken literally. I've been DJing and recording for over 20 years, so I fully understand how this works, and if you read my initial reply to the OP, there's nothing suggesting you can record with RB. The point I was trying to make is that RB does not control or alter the quality of audio, so if you put crappy sounding files, that's exactly how they will sound when played. If the files are OK, which most are, it's all about setting proper levels to prevent distortion, which seems like what the OP is experiencing based on his "too loud" comment. It's also possible that the software he's using for recording has been set at a wrong sample or bit rate, thus making it sound like AM radio. It's really a very simple issue, but more details would definitely help to pinpoint the problem.

kooba 0 voti

@koobah > Ahh, I was going to ask what the "Really" referred to first, as I wasn't sure. I figured you would have provided a bit more info than "Really?" if I misunderstood you.

I took your "What you put in it is what you get out" comment as "putting audio back into RB". My bad for misunderstanding.

Yes more information would definitely be beneficial, and those are good thoughts and possibilities.

@Paulm72 > Any chance you can provide an update if you found the problem, or provide more info? ;)

Foster 0 voti

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses, I think it is a simple case of having the levels too high on my output that has distorted the recordings. I fully understand that RB doesn't control the audio I wasn't sure where to post the query as my mixer ain't Pioneer but the competition.

All sorted now - cheers

Paulm72 0 voti

@Paulm72 > Glad you got it working one way or another. lol

Foster 0 voti