Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Rekordbox Link to CDJ takes 10 minutes?

INFO:

1) Operating System*: OSX 10.7.2

**2) OS Type
: 64bit

**3) Rekordbox version
: 1.5.2

**4a) LINK Connection method
: 2 x CDJ 900 to Zyxl 8 port switch (http://www.amazon.co.uk/GS108B-Gigabit-Unmanaged-Desktop-Switch/dp/B0019OOH8C)

**8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages
: No

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: Yes

**9a) If yes, can you do it consistently
*:  Yes

Hello - any and all help appreciated:

im connecting 2 x CDJ900's (with latest firmware 4.10) to my mac running Rekordbox, via an 8port switch. I can see a 'Rekordbox' on my players when pressing the 'link' button on the CDJ's however after selecting the rekordbox library nothing appears. This remains the case for at least 10 minutes, normally 15-20. after this amount of time my library all of a sudden appears visible on the CDJ and i can begin to look through tracks and play them on the CDJ.

After a good 10-20 minute wait everything works great, but it feels as if the CDJ's are trying to do something over that link that takes forever before i can start to use them with the rekordbox library. Any ideas?

(My track collection is 644 tracks (does the CDJ try to download all track info or something first?? i don't feel 644 is a 'large' library)

Cheers

J

Jeffrey

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

13 commenti

do you have any antivirus type software on the mac?

Make sure you disable airpot on the mac before connecting the ethernet for RB

what if you plug a cdj right into the mac, biassing the switch, does it work properly then? Could be switch related

make sure you ethernet in preferences is set to DHCP

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately the problem remains.

No antivirus type software on my mac (and all other programs closed too), Airport disabled and ethernet is using DHCP.

Direct link from CDJ to the laptop has the same issue.

hhmmm........ any other ideas?

Jeffrey 0 voti

Has it just started to happen or has it been like that since you installed RB?

MrChukkel 0 voti

Also is there any other machine you can test it with to eliminate if it is anything on the macs side?

Just an fyi, It is definitely not the amount of files, I have over 22,000 and RB is pretty much instant when I plug in

BriChi 0 voti

its a totally new setup with the CDJ900's and rekordbox, so yeah has been happening since the 'begining' so to speak, tried both cables that came with the CDJ's and another cable and no difference. 

ive got a windows laptop ill be able to test it on tomorrow, but i can't rely on that to use all the time.

im leaning towards a rekordbox re-install. can't do any harm?

Jeffrey 0 voti

Nope can't do any harm try it and see what happens, backup your database first though ;-) I'm leaning towards a communications problem.. Do you have your mac connected to any other network for internet ie wifi?

MrChukkel 0 voti

think your on the right track. tried a re-install and i can't get the CDJ's to work at all now can even see rekordbox on them.

I get connection pop ups such as 'do you want to allow rekordbox to accept incoming connections' however they pop up and disappear so quickly i can't click 'allow'. i finally managed to click allow on a few of them but my CDJ's still can't see rekordbox at all. 

seems the re-install has done some harm lol

Jeffrey 0 voti

I'm not a Mac person so I can't really help but it really does sound the same as the built in firewall exceptions in windows!  I'm sure Pulse will tell u when he reads it

MrChukkel 0 voti

ok I've fixed it!!! Thanks for all your help and ideas. heres what finally did it:

I tried messing with Mac OSX firewall (on and off) and nothing was working. so i was went to the application folder where rekordbox is and within in that is another two programs called 'PSvLinkSysMgr' and 'PSvNFSd'. just out of curiosity i tried to run these and i got a prompt to allow incoming connections. i clicked allow and then my CDJ's popper up in Rekordbox (in the link at the bottom). 5 seconds later and i can see the rekordbox library on my laptop and browse tracks. YAY.

Thanks again for everyones help

Jeffrey 0 voti

Nice one, glad u got it resolved, now you can have fun :-)

MrChukkel 0 voti

@Jeffrey > thanks for reporting back. The user is usually prompted to allow this traffic on PC. I might add this to our FAQ section.

Gavin 0 voti

This is already noted in the firewall configuration info.

Pulse 0 voti