Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Possible to migrate Rekorbox from Win XP to 7?

Up until now, I've been using Windows XP, but recently bought a new laptop with SSD and Windows 7. After reading the tutorial on migrating the database, the only thing I'm not certain of is if the RB will see my collection, because the location of "My Music" folder is different between XP and 7. Would creating the same path in windows 7 be a workaround for this issue?

kooba

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

Pulse, I did read it prior to starting this thread, but it still does not fully answer my question, other than saying "it might not work", so if I create the same path in Win 7, will I be OK?

kooba 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

As long as you point the software to wherever the database is kept you should be fine.

Nick Hilton 0 voti

For those of you in the same situation, here's the deal: The path "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music", which was present in Win XP has been replaced in Win 7 by "C:\Users\Username\Music". Normally this would pose a problem when migrating your library, since the paths are different, however Win 7 has what is called "junction points", which are simply hidden, non-editable system folders that redirect applications to new folder structure thus ensuring backward compatibility. One very important thing is to make sure the user name on both systems is identical, otherwise it won't work.

kooba 0 voti

It's true, the hidden "fake" folders point the path to the correct destination -- the guide is slated for update shortly.

Pulse 0 voti