Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

Multiple Collections ?

Hi, I've searched the forum for a bit, but can not resolve this query. Hopefully it's a quick one for someone.....

Why does Rekordbox only have one 'Collection'?

Given the lack of sync'ing of tracks, if I need to keep separate USB drives up-to-date for different purposes (mobile gigs vs club gigs) it would be a whole lot easier to drag the full collection over rather than having to sort on Genre or some other tag to achieve this.

Anyone have a suggested solution?

Karl P

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

9 commenti

The only way I think it can be done is by having 2 different copies of the RB system files, and swap them based on your needs, but unless your USB drive has limited storage space, why not just create multiple folders with playlists and have everything in one place?

kooba 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

how do mean to use multiple folders?

I have multiple folders on the hard drive. I use the high level to add files to Rekordbox which finds the new ones. Getting these to the USB is the sticking point. I can find them via the Date Added, but without sync functionality I'd rather drag the whole Collection to the USB and have just the missing ones added.

It's not a storage issue, I just prefer not to have all the club length trax within search results for example, when only wanting radio edits. Ideally I could maintain 2 USBs via 2 Collections

Karl P 0 voti

i just create master playlists of the content so i can segregate what i need and create playlists from them

• Oldskool
  • Breaks
  • House
  • Garage
  • Dnb

i very rarely use my collection as it is just a bin of tunes.

Nick Hilton 0 voti

If I've added various files across genres, what's the best way to update the USB and/or playlist with those? Ie. Selecting them in the Collection to take over to the USB or Playlist. I'm guessing the Date Added is my only way forward. Would be a whole load easier with another Collection.

RB collection seems to be in the system rather than the install folder, so second install wont solve it.

Karl P 0 voti

You can drag your whole collection and only the newer files are added.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Pulse, yes it will, but this is the whole problem. I do not want the whole 'Collection' on the USB. I need two Collections to manage two different USB drives (two different purposes).

Karl P 0 voti

You know you don't need to export the whole collection, correct?

You can separate music by playlists, genres, colors, etc, then only export some of those files to the USB device.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Pulse. I was looking for a easier option to update the USB which only has specific genres. If I've added several files across several genres, it would be easier to just add the whole Collection to the USB and have just the newer files added, rather than have to highlight each genre or find the files via Date Added. I do not want the whole 'Collection' with all other genres on the USB, I thought this was best managed as two separate Collections, but open for ways to get around it.

Karl P 0 voti

Every DJ is different in their method of management and operation, and I understand what you're looking to do and the reason you're asking for something similar to how iTunes can have multiple libraries.  Let me stew it over and think of options for you, in the meantime, maybe the other forum members might share their thoughts and options as well.

Pulse 0 voti