Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Rekordbox LINK can't handle files with a UNC path

If you load files with a UNC path (\Server\Share) into Rekordbox they can be played in Rekordbox and exported to a external USB device. But they fail over LINK, since they are not loaded on the CDJ-2000 correct.

House Container

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

In all reality, there are going to be very, very few DJs connecting to a shared server to use Rekordbox in LINK mode. I'll report it but I can't say its going to be addressed.

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

True, this only affects me when I'm at home. In the club you have it either on a SD/USB Storage device or local drive of a laptop. But that still makes it an issue if you want to quickly try something on the CDJs without first having to export it.

It does raise questions about the concept of software abstraction. Normally the OS will resolve your data regardless of where it is located and how you try to access it.

House Container 0 voti

No, it doesn't load over UNC but if you create it as a mapped local drive, it should load it.

Pulse 0 voti

This is partly true. 

I have all my music on my server and reckrdbox streams the files form a UNC share and my CDJ 2000 are able to play form it.

But i have had problems with it, where it cant read the songs (suddenly) and will just keep hanging forever with the "wait" symbol appearing on the CDJ 2000. In total i feel its unstable with a UNC share. 

The problems go away after i restart rekordbox ands/or the CDJs

Having all the music on a UNC share will help a lot with the dropbox sync, witch i will try out later this week! :)

Thanks for reporting this Gavin. For me, steaming music form one location like this is very helpful.

Bjoervik 0 voti