Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Migrating Rekordbox "AND" Audio files to a new computer

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro, and I also have an iMac.

I recently followed PULSE's post about migrating my Rekord, and my playlist and cue points all loaded perfectly on my new Macbook Pro. But now the audio files are not being found, and it is asking me to relocate the files. I have over 1300 audio files, so I'm hoping I don't have to relocate each individual file. Is there any way of changing the location of the files in the database?

Jason Videna

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

4 commenti

what was the original path? did you change names of the home directory maybe? This is why I always leave a MUSIC folder at the root of my drive with all subfolders in there so I never have to worry about using the exact username when changing macs

also, RB does batch relocating, select all, right click, choose relocate, select the first one it asks for and it will find the rest

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@BriChi: THanks for the tip.. The bulk relocate helped on most of the files, but there are still a few I have to do manually for some reason..  Also, it isn't importing the Artwork.. Do you have any idea why?

Thanks

Jason Videna 0 voti

not really sure, sorry, I don't use any artwork, I find it more of a hassle and troublesome with RB than it's worth

BriChi 0 voti

The artwork was stored in a hidden folder that you likely didn't get.

Pulse 0 voti