Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

tempo tap for beatgrid

I have just come from Traktor over to rekordbox because I want to get rid of using my mac and prepare files before I go anywhere. I find my laptop a hinderance. Rekordbox appears to be pretty good but I was wondering whether there would be plans to tap the beats as this would be an easier way to create beatgrids?

Joe Ainsworth

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

Do you really think so?  I've never been very good at using tap tempo buttons.  This would not be accurate enough, IMO.

Honestly, most purchased music has a fairly stable tempo which is easy to beatgrid inside Rekordbox.  Only every once in a while do I find a track that does not have a perfectly stable tempo, so when I find those I use Ableton Live to warp them and render to a new file which fixes the issue.

Fuse Promote 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I think it would be quicker you can then just shift the grid left or right. It works very well in traktor. But maybe I stand corrected.

The only reason I bring this up is because I had trouble beatgriding hip hop but the more i've fiddled with it I think I may have cracked it.

I have no idea how to use ableton unfortunately.

Joe Ainsworth 0 voti

It's honestly faster and more accurate to let the software pick it up then adjust them afterward.

Pulse 0 voti