Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 follower Segui

[CLOSED] how to delete tracks from USB once it's full without corrupting

Hi guys,

Once my USB runs out of memory, How Can I delete tracks without corrupting or having to re-format?

It's annoying that in Rekordbox when you delete a track , it doesnt delete the file from your device.

Thanks!! :)

Ben Nicky

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

22 commenti

@Ben > If you delete it from a playlist, the song stays on the device.  If you delete it from the device library, it deletes it from the device and any playlists.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

How do you sync the device library with rekordbox to do that?

Would deleting from "collection" do the same thing?

Ben Nicky 0 voti

@Ben > No; there is no true "sync".  Removing it from the collection would leave it on the export device.

Pulse 0 voti

how do i delete it from the device library?

do i delete the actual file or the folder its contained in? this wont make it corrupt?

Ben Nicky 0 voti

how do i delete it from the device library?

do i delete the actual file or the folder its contained in? this wont make it corrupt?

Ben Nicky 0 voti

@Ben > Click the Devices button on the left.  Select "All Trakcs" under device you want from the left pane, find the track you want to delete on the right pane and delete it.

Pulse 0 voti

thanks mate! one more thing - If I add a couple more tracks to a playlist and re-export does that duplicate the existing songs that I already had on the device or will it act a bit like 'itunes' and only add the new additions.

Ben Nicky 0 voti

@Ben > Just open up the Device tab and add the files straight onto the existing playlist rather than creating duplicates.

Gavin 0 voti

Any suggestions for how to remove duplicated tracks from my device?

Ryan McKinnon 0 voti

@Ryan > It would only have duplicates if they were unique in your collection in some way.  While you may have two identical tracks, they're likely tagged differently or come from different folders.  The only way to remove such duplicates would be to manually sort through your tracks (either by track name or artist) and then remove them.

Pulse 0 voti

Is there any way to delete all the files on your USB that you have deleted from your playlist but not from the device library? I have loads of tracks on my USB that are not in my playlists anymore.

Thanks

classie 0 voti

Kickin this topic. I have the same 'problem' as well. I also work only with playlists and not with the all tracks section. So for example: If I want to clean up my House 2011 playlist to a minimum of tracks that I still like. I delete the tracks in my playlist. But the tracks are deleted on the playlist but are still on the drive.

It would be so handy if their would be an update where u can do a cmd+delete or a ctrl+delete so he deletes the file in the playlist and also on your device. That would spare me and I think allot of DJ's allot of time. Because if I want my device as clean as possible (so that all the tracks on my device are also in my playlist, their will be no unorganised tracks on my device), I have to format the whole SD card and upload the playlists again.

Or am I missing something?

ENNER 0 voti

try turning on "delete playlist tracks if playlist is deleted" in the settings, maybe it will also do what you need and not ONLY if the entire playlist is deleted

If that is the case, maybe create a dummy playlist, drag in the tracks as you organize you want to delete and when you're all done, delete the dummy playlist with that option on and it should delete all the tracks also from the device

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi, thanks for both tips. The first one was fine for me. So dumb that I didn't see that setting.

Now i'm wondering is their an option somewhere where u can see which tracks are not in a playlist on the device?

ENNER 0 voti

I too am having trouble deleting tracks off my USB that were once exported from Rekordbox. I removed the tracks from my Rekordbox collection, but the track would still pop up in my CDJs on my USB. I then manually went into the contents folder and deleted the track off the USB and it is still showing on my CDJS! It no longer shows in my Rekordbox library, but still on my USB library even with the file deleted from the contents folder. I am stuck. Please help.

Jonnie King 0 voti

you should not delete from the contents folder, the database file the CDJ's read have no idea you did that so the CDJ's will still show the track but now cannot load it because you removed it

plug in your external and open RB, go to device pane, search for the tracks and delete, if in a playlist you can right click the files and choose romvoe from collection so it deletes from the playlist AND from the collection on the external

BriChi 0 voti

Thanks for the reply Bri. Believe me the first thing that I tried was deleting from rekordbox, but since there is no autosync feature it kept the song still on my USB. Even with it deleted out of my contents folder, and rekordbox, the song is still on my USB and able to play. This is because there is no communication between RB and USB to update the library on the USB. Was wondering if there was anyway to streamline this communication, otherwise everytime I want to delete a song off my USB i need to delete my entire 26 GB library off the stick and then reload it. Talk about time consuming!

Jonnie King 0 voti

I've got a couple of questions regarding the 'delete tracks from device if playlist is deleted'. 

If I have a track that is in multiple playlists on my USB and it is removed from every playlist, will it also be deleted from the USB? 

(I cant test this out as I'm not at home.)

Or an option to "remove files from USB device that aren't in any playlists" option would be useful.

Smurf 0 voti

@Smurf >

The first > You would need to delete it from the playlists otherwise the track won't be deleted.

The second > I can see the usefulness of it, will pass it along.

Pulse 0 voti