Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Still Link Problem with PC ?

I have bought my self a backup laptop, exact the same brand and model.

Its a Dell Latitude D630 and will make a backup computer with it.

I had to strangle a lot to get my first one to make it to Link with my DJM2000 and Cdj 2000´s (did that when the first RB released).

Now with my new laptop I cant make it to work with Link, even if I make same settings, as far as I can see I have made every step like my working one.

(I have read all infos that is able to read about Link on the Pioneer site).

Could someone from Pioneer make a step by step video for Windows configurations just like Pulse did for the MacOSX ?

Info:

Dell Latitude D630

Windows 7 (32) Home Premium

Fredrik F

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

15 commenti

Sorry, the screencast I had done for Windows was on a service that shut down and I haven't posted a new one yet.  In the meantime, try disabling your firewall or set it to ask you for every connection and you'll find 4 services that try to connect through for rekordbox; allow them through and you should have the link working.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

pulse can you say what the 4 services are, i can only find 3 still :/

aaron elliott 0 voti

rekordbox program file

Pro DJ Link System Manager

Pro DJ Link NFS Server

Gavin 0 voti

I'm assuming you're using a wired network connection?  Make sure you disable your wireless connection.  Not just disconnected, but press the shortcut key to turn wireless radio off or set the adapter to disabled.  If you have more than 1 network adapter enabled, you're almost guaranteed to have problems getting Link to work.

Conversely, if you're using wireless, disable the wired connection.

Mark90 0 voti

@ Mark, all these things I have done..still no connection.

@ Pulse, doesnt find edb streamd in firewall settings on the new laptop, is that something that should install at the same time as RB 1.5.3 ?

Fredrik F 0 voti

@Fredrik > Here's what you need to allow through the firewall:

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox 1.5.3\edb_streamd.exe - TCP

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox 1.5.3\psvnfsd.exe - UDP

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox 1.5.3\psvlinksysmgr.exe - TCP

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox 1.5.3\rekordbox.exe - TCP

You need to configure this each and every time you install a new version of rekordbox* if* your Windows firewall is not set to alert you to new connections, otherwise you'll see a pop-up alerting you to the connection and you simply allow it through (and set it to remember / always allow it).

Pulse 0 voti

Thanks Pulse !

Will try to set all things in firewall settings again..

I think all pop-up windows didn´t show after install 1.5.3.

Fredrik F 0 voti

F**K,  Sh...t,  Damn....

All Settings done, still no connection..

Fredrik F 0 voti

Nope, it doesn´t.

I have tried everything with checking updates on the computer and everything else.

Like turn my firewall off, checking the Local Area Connection Properties is unchecked, advanced settings in firewall check..

I know I have all the latest drivers to the cdj2000 & djm2000 on both computers, but dont remeber if i had to install them in some kind of order on the working laptop.

Do they (drivers for djm & cdj) need to be port forward through firewall.

I should go for a Macbook Pro sooon ;-)

Fredrik F 0 voti

Have you got your wireless disabled and nothing else connected to the wired network?

Pulse 0 voti

No, only my network cabel to the DJM 2000.

Also tried to connect to one (both) CDJ2000 without any luck.

I can see them with USB connection.

Fredrik F 0 voti

@Fredrik > Well that would be part of the problem -- the USB connection is ONLY for using the CDJs as soundcards / controllers for software.  In order to use the PRODJ LINK you must connect ethernet cables between the player(s) and the computer, either directly (when using just one) or via the built-in hub of the DJM-2000.

Pulse 0 voti

@ Pulse,

I have been playing as a Dj for 27 years now, I think I can call me a Pro, and I have been using Virtualdj since the begining (Atomix) and have tried some other programs like traktor etc.. , I know the difference between usb and ethernet connections and have never been in trouble before this strange problem.

I use the built-in hub on my DJM2000 (with the Cdjs connected) and it works with my first Dell Laptop.

Just mentioned that I have been trying to connect one cdj2000 direct to my computer (ethernet cabel).

Fredrik F 0 voti

@Fredrik > Just making sure you were aware of how things communicated -- I don't make judgements based on experience; I've seen veterans and rookies alike make mistakes.  :)

So one CDJ connected directly to the player still results in nothing showing via the LINK in rekordbox?

Pulse 0 voti