Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

0 follower Segui

Recovering collection from USB Sticks to Rekordbox

I had to format my hard drive and Time Machine was not updated to the latest changes i made to my collection, but my USB sticks are. Question: is it possible to recover the updated collection (playlists and cue points) from my USB sticks to Rekordbox?

Giona Guidi

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

@Giona > Unfortunately not.  We've mentioned this to the engineers in the past, and they managed to include an Export feature, but no ability to recover your info from the export devices.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

That's a terrible news :) 

So i have to start again with all my cue points and beatgrids :( Thanks God my latest backup was made 1 month ago so i have to work on 130 tracks "only".

One more question. I read the article concerning Rekordbox + Dropbox but i wasn't able to get a clear idea. Honestly i don't need my database (neither cue points and hot cues )to be  synced among multiple computers, i just need my collection, playlists and cue points/hotcues to be located in a safe place (not as a backup copy) so that every time i'm updating Rekordbox collection the files located on my Mac (dropbox folder) are automatically saved in the cloud. 

I'm using OSX Lion (latest release). Thanks for the clarification

Giona Guidi 0 voti

@Giona > Even if you don't use Backblaze for the sync (as outlined in the guide), you have it as a backup and can even revert to previously saved versions so you can recall it in case of damage or deletion.

Pulse 0 voti