Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Rekordbox 1.5.3.6 crashing when exporting to USB

1) Operating System: OSX 10.6

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.3.6

4) Using LINK: Yes

** 4a) LINK Connection method*: network cable

4b) Using with CDJs*: Yes CDJ 2000

**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system
:

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: No

5c) With what utility did you format the device*: OSX

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: No

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
: No

**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all
: Yes

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: quit unexpected

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: No

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes

**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only
:

**Provide as much detail of the issue here
*:

i just bought a couple of tracks on iTunes and Beatport.. put them in one of my playlist's - but when exporting it it crashed.

I use that playlist a lot and that never happend before! Now, when i open the USB Stick, it has a couple of new folders called TempName and when i click them the rekordbox crashes. when i click the playlist i was trying to export in the pen, the rekordbox crashes also!

I tryed to change the name of the playlist in rekordbox and export it again, but RB crashed again, creating another TempName folder...

I use rekordbox a lot and i need it to work - hope everything's ok with that playlist and with the pen cause i'm leaving to play in a couple of minutes..

help me out, please!

Daniel Poças

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

6 commenti

Have you added a few subfolder to your playlist? I'm having a similar crashing problem and suspect that could be the culprit. In may case everything was fine until I started sorting tunes according to mixability and ended up with a lot of sub folders, and Rekordbox crashing.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Nop, I was just adding music to one of the playlists that I'm constantly using! I have like 10 playlists sorting out different music genre..
That one that made RB crash I've been using since the beginning...

I tried to export the music to another USB and it worked, but I don't know if the problem is the USB or whatever :-/

Daniel Poças 0 voti

Sounds like it.

I see that your'e on a Apple machine, have you formatted your USB-sticks in HFS+? I recently shifted from FAT32 and experienced a major increase in exporting performance from Rekordbox. That may help you out, just make sure to not to select "case sensitive" when you format your USB-stick.

Actually I don't remember what format was the other USB, but this one is formatted in FAT32! But if you say HFS+ is better in terms of exporting I'll give it a go tomorrow!
Thanks! :-)

Daniel Poças 0 voti

Well, it didn't solve my crashing problem but Rekordbox seems to be a lot happier exporting to USB's with HFS+. Way less spinning balls of death, speed of exporting doubled etc. Hope it solves your problem!

@Daniel > If it was one single song that caused the crash, I would suspect that file needs to be checked for errors.  The first thing I'd try is removing the album artwork (you can remove and re-add it in two steps; sometimes all it needs is that action to fix it).

Pulse 0 voti