Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Segui

Bought a new SD card - copy from old SD?

Ive been using an 8gig card recently and just bought a new 16gig card. I thought it'd be a simple - copy and paste procedure to migrate my files across. but its not working...

Before you ask - about 80% of the tracks on the SD card i had lost from my rekordbox database due to a hard drive failiure and my inability to back it up on time (doh!) so i only have them on this SD card now.

I copied the files across from the SD to the PC and then sent it all to the new card like for like. I even copied the hidden pioneer Folder but still it refuses to accept the rekordbox database.

Also  Rekordobx recognises the card, playlists from history and the colour assigned to it and also acknowledges its a bigger card.

Any suggestions?

Simon Abberley

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

2 commenti

Ok bit of an update after a bit of mucking about for anyones reference...

Ive not got my larger card working. It appears that copying the entire contents - hidden folder included is not enough. The new device USB/SD has to be named the same - i woulndt of thought the name of the device would of affected its working as its all via the root.

But its resolved - just ensure any new devices you copy to have the same name :)

Simon Abberley 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Yes; duplicated devices must be named the same or the reference to their paths won't match the database.  Thanks for following up.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink