Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

I've got 2 CDJ-850's Why should I use Rekordbox?

So I've got my RekordBox license an installed the latest version, I've:

• added my library from my Synology NAS

• been able to change metadata/ID3 tags (but MP3tag is much better at that)

• been "exporting" tracks to USB, but did not find an advantage on the CDJ-850 compared to "just" copying my set directly by selecting the files from my NAS.

I guess my question is, which smart things can RekordBox do, opposed to above, that's really add features that the CDJ-850 can leverage

• CUE points?

• Quantize? (understood the 850 doesnot use that info?)

• what else?

Or with the 850's I can as good, or better manage my collection direclty in VDJ and TRAKTOR and drag/drop to USB myself.

Can someone help me see the light here?

ThnX :)

J.J. Dekker

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

6 commenti

With the CDJ850's it's especially important to use rekordbox if you do not use any other software for the simplicity of finding songs on USB sources.  If you're using the players for HID / MIDI communication with software, you can side-step the rekordbox process.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

ThnX Pulse, so there is nothing in Rekordbox that generates metadata, that is not possible with other programs?

like track analysis, stored cue points ect, quantization, which the 850 can leverage?

If in combination with the 850 it's only a song player, metadata updater and librarian with "copy to USB wizard"  Then indeed I've got no use for it.

J.J. Dekker 0 voti

Analyzed content will be read faster and more accurately once it has been put through rekordbox.

Alonggside ease of use for playlisting and exporting are the core functions

Nick Hilton 0 voti

@JJ Dekker > If you haven't already bought a software solution, I'd give rekordbox a whirl first and see how you like it - taking the laptop back out of your setup. If you decide you want to go down the software route, then its not like as if you'll be out of pocket for something you didn't find useful.

Gavin 0 voti

I've upgraded to 900's and djm900, using rekordbox now and mirror this to , works perfect

J.J. Dekker 0 voti

Oh sorry, thats right - you've told me that already in another thread. Glad you are enjoying your setup!

Gavin 0 voti