Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

database questions.. itunes

I currently use an iPod for some commercial music and older music when doing private functions.

I've debated rekordboxing it however don't want it to interfere with my club music database. If I set up a new library with the iTunes bridge would this work and load rekordbox data to said iPod?

Furthermore is it possible to merge 2 databases?

Simon Abberley

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

@Simon > No, its not currently possibly to merge two databases.

What generation iPod are you using that you will be trying to load with rekordbox data? iTunes cannot send rekordbox data to the iPod...

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I dont honestly know what gneration ipod it is, i know its a classic though. its been in the house a good few years so id assume its a few generations old.

I have almost 2000 tracks stored on it which i use for various syles of gigs, it'd jsut be nice to have the waveforms and bpm data for these tracks.

re: 2 databases, i think i started a new thread asking about re importing from a current sd card to keep current hot cue points as if i can do this i may rebuild me a new database from scratch.

Simon Abberley 0 voti

^ way more reliable than a hdd ipod, or any ipod. I know because I used to use ipods...

Dj Daywalker 0 voti

@Simon > unless its an iPod you can load the Rekordbox app on to, there's really nothing else you can do with it apart from a) jailbreaking it or b) connect it to an input source via the audio jack. You can't transfer Rekordbox data too it. Your best bet is to buy a portable harddrive or USB stick and keep the iPod as your backup.

Gavin 0 voti

Hi All ... I'm new to the forums (first post) but I've been hovering in the background for a year or so (proud owner of CDJ2000's and a DJM2000). Short introduction over .. back to the question. You can transfer Rekordbox data to it.

I have used an iPod for such purpose and have two databases on my Ipod Classic 160GB. One for itunes and one for rekordbox. The way this was achieved (if this hasn't been covered before?) is as follows. I presume that you have some free space left on the IPod.

I only use Windows BTW:

Plug the IPod into your PC and navigate in windows explorer to the IPod Drive (e.g GEOFF'S IPO (D:)) and drill down to the directory /iPod_Control/iTunes  .. in here you will find 7 or 8 files but the one you are interested in is called iTunesDB. Rename this file to iTunesDB.old and then fire up Rekordbox. You should now see you have the iPod drive as a device you can use for Rekordbox.

To revert the iPod back to 'normal' you just rename the iTunesDB.old back to iTunesDB. You will see in windows explorer that a PIONEER folder has been created with all of the rekordbox data. 

Hope this answer is useful? 

Geoff 0 voti

Many thanks for the input.

Usually i stick withUSB and preferably SD cards but i do like the usefulness of being able to read the tags on all the varied music I have in itunes which does not interfere with my 'club' tunes on my sd card through rekordbox. Regarding the ipod choice - it was the largest capacity 1 i had in the house, i have 2 newer ones in the house but of a smaller capacity.

It is kept in the back of the flightcase the cdj is in and (figners crossed) no issues so far....

Simon Abberley 0 voti

Ok, it's not ideal to use an Ipod, but as a backup to a backup (which will give you waveforms and bpm data)  that will fit in the back of a flightcase - may get you out of trouble one day.

Geoff 0 voti