Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

[CLOSED] iPad app searching different then full version RB

Just noticed a pretty big downfall on the iPad app, the search can only search if you keep the words in order (I think its called string search vs step maybe?)

anyway, on RB on my mac if I wanted to search "Give me everything - Pitbull"  I can just type "give pit" and it pops right up but on the iPad app I have to type it in order like "give me everything"

will they change this, it really is a downfall for quick searching

BriChi

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

13 commenti

sucks too cause I search that way a lot, I was really excited about the ipad integration till I saw this :(

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Also Will the nexus 2000 operate in the same way as the Aero

IE You can load your Rekordbox HD say to the SD slot or other USB

Then plug in an Anderoid or Ipad ... and control whats on the Rekordbox HD with the Ipad - I mean have NO actual music on the Ipad, just use it as a control surface to use the USB to search, cue up and select songs on a bigger screen with a 100 % touch screen (not having to use the 6.1 inch CDJ2000nexus screen - just assign the track from the Ipad) - as described in the Jpeg ive screen shot from the aero manual.

Am I correct in thinking this is the correct proceedure, or will it only be data thats on the ipad / Anteroid devise ?

fOLLOWING ON FROM Andrew Thornton POINT ...

1) With the XDJ-Aero, we had an option of connecting a USB drive to the player, but using an iPhone/iPad/computer (maybe) to navigate the contents of the drive connected to the XDJ, and load tracks from the connected drive to the player. Do the new CDJ 2000 Nexus players have the option of using Rekordbox connected devices to navigate the contents of another drive plugged into a CDJ? Basically I'd prefer to use something like an iPad or iPhone for easier navigation than the built in interface on the CDJs (which I find a bit clunky) whilst still loading the tracks off a hard-wired drive as I don't entirely trust wireless to be reliable. If using an iPhone or iPad, does it have to be connected via wifi to do this, or can I navigate and load tracks from other devices when the phone or tablet is plugged in via USB?

-

DJccccc 0 voti

Needs to be clarified lol ... this is a huge deal breaker for me.

DJccccc 0 voti

You need to ask it once.  And the answer for right now is "I'm not 100% sure" because nobody has one and the engineers are busy.  It's not a deal-breaker for you yet because they're not even on the market.  We'll have an answer for you before you have the opportunity to buy one.  ;)

Pulse 0 voti

Thank you, this I think is a big issue, the Aero clearly states that it will work with the Ipad - ie to control a "HD" in the USB,

Form the looks of the new 2000nexus manual - it was unclear. Any advise or feedback on this situation - as soon as it becomes availible would be most useful to have - for me is a breaker, im not sure about others but the idea of using your Ipad as a control surface to look for tunes and organise is a massive opertunity.

I like the Aero in this manor, its just very unclear regards the 2000nexus.

DJccccc 0 voti

I wished you could edit comments like the old forum too.

I mean to control the Hard Disk etc

DJccccc 0 voti

@BriChi > We will, of course, bring this up about the search operators.

@DJccccc > We'll have more definitive answers shortly, once we get our hands on them.

Gavin 0 voti

Thanks Gavin,the only way i can see around it is an 128sd card SDXC in an Anderoid Tablet (Toshiba Excite)

Hopefully I dont need to go down this route - I want to use my Ipad ... with a USB plugged in, Recokdbox analyised, just sync the Ipad - then bang - i can use the search ... assign the tracks and see my history.

The Anderiod route is fiddly at best!

DJccccc 0 voti

a year later and still nothing on this. i tried using the app the other night and the search is just horrible

this app needs updates, has so much potential for iPad and Droid but the app is horrendous 

BriChi 0 voti