Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Transfer new tracks' info from Rekordbox to Device

Hey guys,

I already wrote an e-mail to the Pioneer support's e-mail address, but they were not even able to answer my question, so hopefully real DJs on this forum will be able to help me.

Here is my problem:

I already transferred my iTunes playlists to Rekordbox's playlists, and then I transferred those playlists onto my device (USB stick).

I know whenever you set up cues or hot cue points from the CDJ and save them, you can then "update collection" by clicking on the "Device" left-tab, right-click on "G:" (or some other letters if it's a different location depending on your computer and the device used), and click on "Update collection". As a result, all your cues and hot cue points saved on your device from the CDJ can be transferred to Rekordbox.

But now I am wondering: how about the opposite? If I already transferred playlists to my device, and someday I prepare tracks (set up cue and hot cue points, loops, etc.) from the rekordbox, how can I transfer those new information to my device without having to re-transfer my whole playlist?

I know my problem sounds complicated, but it is not.

I would just be really surprised and disappointed by Pioneer if there was not any other solutions than re-transfering your whole playlist to your device if you want to have your tracks with the new information in them... That would be stupid in my opinion, so hopefully there is an alternative that you guys would know. I'm surprised that the Pioneer technical support is not even able to give me an alternative...

Thank you in advance for all of those who will some of their time to answer my question and give me some advice ;)

Cheers!

Julien G.

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

Hey, new to rekordbox. I'm also wondering how this works. If I add one new song to "Playlist 1" on rekordbox on my computer, do I then need to over write the entire playlist to the USB just to add that one song, or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Biacco 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

From the rekordbox FAQ:

* I modified cue information in the [Collection] pane for a track which has previously been exported to my USB device. How do I update this cue information on the USB device?

Please delete the track from the USB device and export it from the collection once again.

http://rekordbox.com/support/faq.php?lang=en&c=184

oakstream 0 voti

Yeah I saw that in the FAQ. I guess I was more wondering what the average workflow is...Everyone deletes entire playlists and re uploads them just to add a track or 2?

Biacco 0 voti

You don't need to delete your entire playlist - just the tracks that you have made the changes to, then retransfer them. Its a pain in the arse that there isn't syncing when you reconenct your device.

My sync issue is that i put tracks in multiple playlists - which means ideally all organising, id3 etc.. needs to be done in tandem with the device and computer rekordbox - unless you have a genius memory of where you put what.

Syncing is a feature that is loooooong overdue.

scribblerdnb 0 voti

Ok thanks for the input. It seems the best way to do it for me is to add all my songs to my SD card that are new from the "Collection" window and then on my SD card do all the playlist arranging.

Biacco 0 voti