Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

Updating Key in Rekordbox 2.0.1

H,

I was wandering how and why when you do the new Key analyze key in your playlist, then export and transfer into your usb. All the keys you did analyze, don't transfer. And you can't analyze key on your usb.  Do you have you format your usb and start again or is there something I'm doing wrong. It does come up in tag info. Any help would be great.

Cheers

Emmanuel

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

10 commenti

I'm having the same problem. Updated to 2.0.1 today. I then analyze all the tracks in my rekordbox library for missing info. I then analyzed for keys. After re-transferring all the files from the rekordbox library to my USB device within rekordbox I find that the KEY column for tracks has not updated as they have in my rekordbox library. Why is this the case and how do I get the keys to display on the device? Would be helpful to have key information available for tracks when I plug my USB into CDJs. Thanks!

Aly Abji 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

you have to re-export all files. unfortunately rekordbox does not update the tags of the files if you don't re-export the file again completely.

that means: format the usb stick or delete the tracks and then export them again. then it will work.

Fabian Arndt 0 voti

This seems a bit inconvenient since removing the files will remove my playlists. I figured I might have to do that. Now I'll have to go recreate all of my playlists. Thanks Pioneer.

Aly Abji 0 voti

You don't have to remove anything.  You can analyse the existing files for their key data.  To get the key to display, simply follow the instructions available all over the internet -- click the device (within rekordbox) click the category and sort tabs on the right and make sure KEY is on the active fields.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Pulse, Thanks for your response. I have put the KEY in the active fields in both the category and sort fields on the device and yet still no luck having the keys transfer from the rekordbox library to the device library. What am I doing wrong?

Aly Abji 0 voti

If you have the files already on the usb stick and exported them before you added the key tag via rekordbox this won't work!

rekordbox does not update the ID3 tags with the key if you export the files. rekordbox skips them because they are already on the usb stick, no matter if they have the ID3 tag or not. i still don't understand why that is not fixed yet.

Fabian Arndt 0 voti

@Aly > You'll need to update the files on your USB with the data from rekordbox. So you'll need to analyse the files and then re-export them to the USB.

Gavin 0 voti

Same problem here:

• I transferred my iTunes playlist to the Rekordbox "Playlists" left-tab
  • I analyzed the key of every song (now on my collection and on my playlists, songs show the key)
  • I tried to transfer those playlists that contain songs with the keys onto my usb stick, yet the songs displaying on my usb stick don't show any key.

What can I do now?

Julien G. 0 voti

Hi Gavin, I had re-analyzed the files and tried re-exporting several times with no success.

I ended up dragging my playlists from the USB device into the rekordbox playlists area (stoked I could do this) and then deleting all the tracks from the device within rekordbox and then re-adding all the tracks from the rekordbox library back onto the device. Then I re-exported all the playlists back to the device and now I'm in business. Yet to plug the USB into a CDJ yet though. I expect everything should work as normal. 

Aly Abji 0 voti

@Julien > Was there anything on the USB before you exported to it or was it a formatted USB? You'll need to update the data on the USB if the playlists are already on there from the newly analysed data in rekordbox.

@Aly > Thanks for letting us know of your update.

Gavin 0 voti