Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

External eSATA & USB Drives not detected

It seems rekordbox wont allow us to use external hard drives (both USB and eSATA).  It only works for drives detected as "Removable Storage".

So I have a 500GB external eSATA/USB drive and it's completely useless for Rekordbox.

Anyone know a way around this?  Very annoying.

Thanks

Matt

Matt D

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

5 commenti

Found it!  Rekordbox only sees drives that are FAT32, not NTFS.  The drive came automatically formatted as NTFS.

Damn, really need it to be NTFS.

Matt D 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Nope... it still wont work for FAT32 drives if they are connecting via eSATA.  Real shame as I bought a drive specificly with eSATA to increase the performance, but I'm stuck with USB.

It's not such a huge problem though, but would be nice if we could use eSATA

Matt D 0 voti

@Matt D - I use an eSATA Seagate Freeagent GoFlex 1TB with Rekordbox, and it's always been fine, no issues whatsoever.

shortSTACK 0 voti

Gavin... I tried with USB and with eSATA.  It works perfectly with USB but not with eSATA.

If I use either connection it appears the same in My Computer (just as a hard drive, same letter, NOT a removable hard drive like a flash drive would).

Only difference... if I press the icon to disconnect USB (from the system bar near the clock) then there it says "Hitachi 500gb bla bla bla" if I use eSATA, BUT if i use USB then there it says "USB to SATA hub" or something.

I'm not too worried guys as long as I can use the device.  Now i've formatted with FAT32 Rekordbox can see it (via USB) which is fine (though if you know what I'm doing wrong let me know please)

Thanks

Matt

Matt D 0 voti