Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

update collection

When selecting a song on the device panel, and right clicking on that song in the device panel; when you then click on "update collection" does it only update the collection for that ONE selected song? Because this is what I want :-)

Or does it update all the modifications been made on the device? More specifically, does it update just the selected song or ALL songs that are on the device?

Normally I would test this out myself but I have made some good changes on some songs and some crappy changes on other songs :-)

Thanks!

s_decoster

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

@s_decoster > I'm sorry this got buried underneath an avalanche of posts alas here I am with an answer from an engineer...

You can choose "Update Collection" for all tracks in a USB device.

See the attached pic:

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Thank Gavin, but that is what I DON'T want, I only want to update the songs I made "better"...most song's I don't want to update. But I guess when you right click on the SONG instead of the DEVICE, that it only updates the song?

Thank you!!!

s_decoster 0 voti

If you've only altered a few songs in the collection then "Updating Collection" will only update those songs that have been changed.

Gavin 0 voti

Hey Gavin,

Can you look at my original question because your reply does not anwer it. In your last post you say "If you've only altered a few songs in the collection then "Updating Collection" will only update those songs that have been changed."

But what I want to know is the following

• Suppose I have 100 tracks on the device

• On the cdj's I change 20 of them during a set (e.g. making loops on the fly,...)

• However, not everything I do life is worth updating back to the collection, so I want to select the songs I want to update back. Suppose I want to update 3 of the 20 changed songs. Is this possible by selecting each of the 3 songs separately and then right clicking "update collecting"??

Or what happens when I right click update collection on the first song? Does it only updates that one song or the 20 changes songs?

Hope this example makes my question more clear :)

s_decoster 0 voti

Nobody?

Do you all update everything? Seems unbelievable?

s_decoster 0 voti

It's been half a year now since you posted your question.

It is easy to test yourself.

Take an empty USB stick, export two tracks to it.

Put the USB stick in the CDJ, make some minor changes like setting cue points, set a loop on both songs.

Eject the USB stick,  Put it in your computer

Select one song and update it.

See if changes are applied to that song only or also on the other song....

And then take the time to let everybody else know on the forum by answering your own thread. :-) 

RamonCC 0 voti