Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

New to Rekordbox...

My CDJ 2000nexus will will shipping soon and I wanted to get a head start on getting my collection into Rekordbox. I'm a bit freaked out with all of the issues I'm reading about. Currently I have the following programs on my computer that I'm thinking of uninstalling- Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes and Mixmeister.Do you think it's necessary to uninstall these programs? I want to make this a smooth transition. Pointers woul be appreciated. I'm also thinking I may make this Lappy strickly for Rekordbox.

OMG! I went this route because I find Traktor unreliable. Now after reading all of the issues with Rekordbox i'm in a panic.

Rob D

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

I have two programs on my laptop; MiK and RekordBox so you should be fine. I'd start analysing you're tracks now especially if you have a large selection. If you do have a large collection I'd import them in small amounts of around 200 at a time as I found trying to import large quantities at once would cause RB to crash.

Si BooGie 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Thanks BooGie. I'm going to wipe my lappy clean when things arrive. I don't know why it matters but I read that I should use the rekordbox disc that comes with the player. I wanted to download it prior and get started but will probably wait. Feel free to throw me any other pointers. I hate software and computers!!! They do awesome things, i just don't trust them performing.

Rob D 0 voti

The only other thing on the disc that you'll need are the drivers so you'll be fine to download RB. You'll need to analyse the the tracks for bpm then let RB analyse the key so you can use the nexus colour system, the reload the tags to import MiK keys in to the comment field.
I'm having a problem when it comes to reloading the tags as not all of them are showing the keys. I just haven't had time to find out what the problem is.

Si BooGie 0 voti

I forgot you can select analyse key on lmport that RB does the bpm and key at the same time. Using MiK you'll notice how RBs key analysis differs.

Si BooGie 0 voti

like boogie said, you dont need the RB cd that comes with the players, just download 2.0.1 from the site and start preparing

BriChi 0 voti

Thanks so much for the pointers .I like all the track prep-work. Can't wait to have my eyes on the crowd again and not on a computer screen.

Rob D 0 voti

100% man, I love this way so much more then Traktor/Serato

BriChi 0 voti

Just what I wanted to hear!!  Wasn't sure if I made the right decision. The right $4000 decision that is.

Rob D 0 voti