Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

"File" menu not visible in Rekordbox 2.2.4

Neither the "File" menu  nor any of the others on the same line are visible and I don't know how to turn them back on.There is just a blank area where it is supposed to be at the top of the screen.

I would actually like to upgrade to RB 3.0.  I tried last week but the process failed and the 72 hour key number expired be fore I could complete the process.In order to restart the process, I have to get into the File menu of the existing RB  version.

In the meantime, I can't even use the existing version to import any new tracks for the same reason. The File menu is not visible.

Thanks!

lectric77

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

10 commenti

just download 3.0 and use it, the download link is here: http://rekordbox.com/en/download/

you do not need to use file to import, you can just drag the tracks into RB. It sounds like RB is off the top of the the screen, maybe rebooting will reset the screen size in Rb for you, or i believe if you press alt+space and then X it maximizes and resizes the current programs screen

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

You're right. This time the file installed just fine. Previously the download required responding to an activation code within 72 hours that was emailed to me, to which I did not respond in time. The information I found, after that, to re-activate the activation required going though the File menu, hence my original question. This time no activation code was involved. Strange. Maybe Pioneer changed the process in the meantime. 

My question now is "Is there supposed to be a File menu in 3.0?" There is none showing on the screen of the new version.

lectric77 0 voti

Yeah, the file menu is across the top of the rekordbox screen in Windows and in the menu bar on Mac.

Pulse 0 voti

it's "supposed" to be there all the time, there is not way in RB to make it go away unless you RB program is pushed to far up off the screen and you cannot grab it to lower it again, i have seen this on my mac before

can you take a screen shot and post it so we can see what you're looking at?

BriChi 0 voti

What version of Windows are you running? Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported.

Pulse 0 voti

are you using "Full Screen Mode"? If so then moving the mouse all the way to the top makes the menu bar appear

BriChi 0 voti

I think I figured it out. Pretty simple. First of all, I usually have more than one window or applications running. I'm more familiar with Traktor where everything you need is is contained within the floating window.

RB opens as a floating window so that is where my focus was. When I expanded to full screen I saw the file menu at the top of the diplay and realized it had been ther all along and I just had not looked in the right place.

Part of the problem is I do everything on a PC except for music on a Mac. Consequently my familiarity with Mac is less. That's why Pulse's information about the menu bar didn't ring a bell right away.

Thanks for the help Pulse and BriChi. 

lectric77 0 voti