Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

[SOLVED] Rekordbox, USB & CDJ2000 Hot cues

I'm playing a 3 Hour GIG at a Club that does not allow me to bring my Dj-Set. It's next weekend!  The club has CDJ2000's in their booth. And I personally do not own cdj 2000's, yet a bit familiar with it since I own CDJ1000's. SO **I need some help on how to set up my hot cues on my USB stick using RekordBox and then call them on the CDJ2000s @ the club! **I do not want to set the hot cues on the CDJ's since it takes long! I already took the Rekordbox CD from them(club) and installed it on my MAC.

Q. Please can you tell me step by step how to Export my list of songs out of Rekordbox to my USB and at the same time preserve the Hot Cues i set for each song? ( I have 57 songs, each has 2 to 3 hot cues), (I set the cues only by clicking the A,B,C buttons on top left in Rekordbox, I hope this how it's done).

Q. In Rekordbox, Do I have to use "Cue Bank", or "Memory" to preserve my Hot Cues,? Or just simply Click "_Hot Cue A,B,C," _to set the points in each song and and then export the songs to USB?

Please show me the easiest was/ shortcut to this, cuz this is my first time using Rekordbox and 2000's, and DO Not want my USB to let me down During the GIG! :) :) cuz i heard that sometimes calling hot cues from USB is a hassle!

BTW: I'm using No CD's & No SD cards, I only wana bring the 2 USB sticks to play my songs and the hot cues attached to it! Correct me!  :)

THANKS!!

NINO

Nino

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

4 commenti

Hey Nino - first off, I would suggest you download and update to the newest version of Rekordbox (the RB CD was available with earlier versions of the software).

In terms of using the software - open up Rekordbox and import your tracks. You will see RB starts to analyse these tracks. Double click the track you wish to set hot cues on. You will see this track sent to the software player. Jump to the particular part of the track where you want to set your hot cues. When you find that point click on A within the hot cue bank. Thats it, hot cue sent.

When you are done, you will need to highlight your selected tracks and export to USB stick - you can do this by right clicking and choosing export. You don't need to worry about Memory points or the cue bank.

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Waw Thank you!. Pretty simple and straight forward. I just found out that I got the latest version of RekordBox.

Ok SO, I did set the Hot cues for each song by Clicking on the "Hot Cue A,B or C" at top left corner of Rekordbox, Then I highlighted all the songs and "Right-Click" > "Export Tracks" > "USB".  

I see them in the USB now, But DO not see any files other than the MP3s! (Are there supposed to be any visible files for hot cues?).  

Thanks,

Nino

Nino 0 voti

No, hotcues are not visible. They are programmed in the hidden Pioneer folder. but only the cdjs & Rekordbox can read the data format. (they are not audiofiles)

Basically the 3 hotcues are just memorypoints.

Benno Revelli 0 voti

On the cdj2000 now,

in order to load the hot cues from each track

you need to press and hold the rec-call botton on the left side of cdj2000 under the hot cue bottons.

Each time you change the track you need to call the hot cues again in order to load the new ones,

cause in memory even if you select other tracks hot cues remain the ones you called last time.

Dream Treez 0 voti