Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

14 follower Segui

Red light Jog wheel cdj2000

Hello Everybody,

I recently bought cdj 2000's and a djm 900, and I was wonderding, how do I get that red light when it's on pause mode?

greetings,

Oliver

oliver bob

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

53 commenti

What red light when it's in pause mode? Are you talking about the red ring around the platter for "on air" during playback?

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Yes BriChi, the red ring!! Sorry, I don't know really how to describe it, i'm from holland sooo.. hehe, but yeah the on air during playback.

How do I get it?

oliver bob 0 voti

ok cool, I do not own the 900 but I research everything and from what I remember (and someone please correct me if I am wrong), this is what you need to do

1. Players and mixer music be all connected via cat 5 (ethernet cable) through a switch like a linksys or netgear

2. once that is all connected make sure your decks are numbered based on your mixer channels you are using, so if you are using channel 1 for left deck and 4 for right deck, then the decks must be set in their menus to the corresponding number

3. I believe too in the cdj menu you have to enable "on air"

once that is all done then the platter should be white when the volumes are down and red if the volumes are up and playing. 

BriChi 0 voti

Just to add you also have to connect the LANs to the corresponding number in the LAN switch so using the avove example player 1 to LAN 1 and player 4 to LAN 4.

Arwelthemonk 0 voti

no you dont, it's irrelevant what ports you plug the cables into on switches such as a linksys/cisco one. 

BriChi 0 voti

@Arwelthemonk > On a switch it doesn't matter which port you're connected to (number-wise).

@oliver bob > So long as you've got the latest firmware and have the audio connected to the same channel as the player is numbered, your CDJ will show a red jog instead of white when you have the channel fader open (and cross-fader in the correct position, plus no other effects or EQs which would mute that channel 100%).

Pulse 0 voti

Yes I did it thanks everybody. I found an old router en I connected al the cables. It works perfectly now! 

I really love it!

oliver bob 0 voti

When it comes up to Pioneer products this would be exclusive for djm 2000 owners right?

DJ Cello 0 voti

Not really. You can do this on the djm 900 too. Any mixer with a pro dj link.

Arwelthemonk 0 voti

Hi!

On my decks (pair of cdj 2000) the "on air" function is on.

And the players are connected to each other with a LAN cable.

And newer change the color of the jog wheel (ring) from white to red.

Why is it so?

How can I made it to change the colors.

Both of the players has 4.01 firmware.

Thank you in addition

Zozyka 0 voti

first off, you need to own a DJM900 or DJM2000 mixer in order for "on air" to work, do you?

BriChi 0 voti

is it possible to have the on air lights working while using my 2000's and the djm 900 runnining serato in hid mode?

Eric Rodriguez 0 voti

not as is now, Maybe a Pio rep can respond to whether or not that is being worked on between them and serato, I would believe it would need to be an update from both ends

BriChi 0 voti

"""^^ Uh. . Yes you can"""

You Sure about that? Have you used/tested it. As far as we were told from people who use it, In HID/MIDI mode (no control signal used), The red "On Air" does not light because Serato and Pioneer do not have it programmed in yet, It will obviously work with serato if you just use a control signal or take serato totally out of the mix but if you use serato in HID Advanced mode, "On Air" will not work yet (Unless they implemented in a very recent release). 

I am not going by personal experience being that I do not own the DJM900/2000, I own just the CDJ2000's, But I have read all about this in other threads and forums

BriChi 0 voti

Re-tested it just now to confirm; no, you do not get "On Air" status with the CDJ when you are using HID mode.

Pulse 0 voti

thx Pulse, I had a feeling anaru was wrong, thanks for confirming so people don't think on air works in HID yet

BriChi 0 voti

My bad guys, just tested it then myself as well. I must be smoking too much crack :P

I was sure it happened before but must of got mixed up;  when you could have the red light on HID mode befor it got nerfed/patched.

anaru 0 voti

Any chance of suggesting putting the 'on air' lights on a future update to the powers to be for HID mode pulse?

anaru 0 voti

"""My bad guys, just tested it then myself as well. I must be smoking too much crack :P"""

hahahahaha, you were seeing all sorts of lights!!

BriChi 0 voti

Hi !

I recently bought cdj 2000 along with DJM 800. Red ring around the platter for "on air" during playback is possible or not. can anybody help me out in solving my problem...?

Thanks

Ray 0 voti

Only the DJM2000 and DJM900 support "on air" status indicators on the CDJ2000 and CDJ900 at this time.

Pulse 0 voti

To confirm, the white to red color change will not occur unless your CDJ-2000's are connected via cat 5 (ethernet cable) through a switch like a Linksys or Netgear and it will not function when two CDJ-2000's are linked together directly through the provided LAN cable? Thank you.

JG 0 voti

Correct; the jog colour is used to indicate the on-air status.  Linking the players directly only allows sharing of media (USB / SD), but there's no fader status being sent to the player to tell it that "hey, you're currently playing live to the public!"

Pulse 0 voti

@Pulse - didn't think on-air status was possible on the CDJ900? I'm running a pair of those, with a DJM900nexus, and fully linked via ethernet etc etc. But never achieved the on-air status rings?!

Looking at the decks themselves, they don't seem to have the transparent ring around them as the CDJ2000 does. Hope you're not getting me over-excited for this......! Lol

shortSTACK 0 voti

The on-air indicator on the CDJ900 is on the display itself; not a LED-illuminated jog dial.

Pulse 0 voti

i bought a set of cdj2000's and a 900 nexus mixer, only one of the players turns red when on-air, thay are both the same firm wear and are set up exactly the same???????

jimmy o brien 0 voti