Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

play button not lighting up

anyone have an issue with play button led not working

Manuel J

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

31 commenti

yeah, this was discussed in an earlier thread, I believe Pio engineers were looking into it, It is hardware related though, if you are under warranty I would bring it in for repair if you are out of warranty, It is an easy cheap piece to replace if you wanted to

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

You would think that Pioneer take care of this warranty or no warranty,this is not common this is definately deffective issue on there part.Be the company that we've known to love and take care of your customers or stop selling lemons.

Manuel J 0 voti

Any news on this?  Should I look for specific S/N when buying a unit?

Anton Borisov 0 voti

A lot of other people are experiencing this problem,same led button.the led's should actualy outlast the unit itself by years.Now anyone else can believe what pioneer tech support tells them,but I don't and I know they want that paycheck at the end of the week and so do I.So maybe i should paint the trim green around the play button and send it in for repair,but then they would just send it back to me and say it's working fine now and charge me another $200.

Manuel J 0 voti

from what I have tested, the green led is not blowing out, It's a bad solder connection or issue with the board. I have pulled the board out, left it connected and wiggled the led around, at certain stress points it connects and disconnects 

BriChi 0 voti

Given the number of units experiencing the problem vs. total number of units sold, that's an awfully small percentage - so it's not a recall issue, but it may be covered even if you're out of warranty, but the only way to find out would be to call technical support.

Pulse 0 voti

even if it's in warranty, If you had to ship the unit to Pio, it may be cheaper to just buy the play/cue board and install it yourself, I know I will

BriChi 0 voti

Light on my Green Play/Pause button has gone out as well. I have a CDJ 2000. What do I do???

JLee 0 voti

you can either call a tech support place by you or at the top of the page if you are in warranty, if not you can pay to have it fixed or if you are somewhat technical to pull out some screws, order the part from pioneer parts website, it's cheap

BriChi 0 voti

thanks for your help. I do not have a warranty anymore. would it be possible for you to give me the part number? thanks!

JLee 0 voti

Are there any Pio reps here that can find this info out, Is there any word on this part, The light is buggingg me the f out, one minute it's off, then on, then strobes sometimes, it's distracting as hell and the part to replace is now out of stock (probably because they had to pull the faulty ones off the shelf and start over) ... I'm about to just take the part out and cut the LED off just so it's permanently out until the part is in stock

Are they working on the fix to supple new ones asap? 

BriChi 0 voti

so now that the part is finally back in stock, does this mean it's possible a corrected one so the LEDs actually work properly? I would love to replace both mine but I would love to know if they redid the LED's or solder joints on the boards, hate to buy 2 more faulty ones, Already went down that road.

BriChi 0 voti

I have replaced them too, twice, A week after the install one went out AGAIN! Must have gotten one from the bad batch that's why I was curious that if I order now again, nearly 8 months later, are they the "good batch" that will actually work properly

BriChi 0 voti

That's bad news! Pioneer must do something about it. These CDJ-2000 are great but I wish they were more solid. To me the 1000 MK-3 feels much more solid. I think they went cheap on the material. In the past I also had problem with my jog wheel but luckily it was under warranty at that time. I wonder what would be the next issue. Hopefully no more! Good luck!

JLee 0 voti

so has the new boards been working ,i an a new victom of this ...

djballistic 0 voti

they will definitely work being that it's a bad led on the board, I replaced both of mine with no issues

BriChi 0 voti

I meant to say, I replaced both of mine "again" so the newer batch must be "fixed", or simply just solder in your own LED and save yourself $40

BriChi 0 voti

tx brichi ,i dont want solder just rather replace board ,anything i should  worrie about when opening deck ,cant fina any youtube vids on 2000's

djballistic 0 voti

it's VERY simple, if you do a cdj disassembly search there are some videos, all cdj's are pretty similar as far as screw and board layout. I cant give too much info or i'll get in trouble, lol

BriChi 0 voti