Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 LINK ISSUE

The other day I had to change the ethernet cable connected to one of my CDJ 2000's since the end that connects to my switch broke. Well after swapping in a brand new cable, my player suddenly refused to show up in Rekordbox. I started running through all possible problem areas. I tested another cat 5 cable from the player that was connecting to Rekordbox, restarted, etc. Finally to my surprise I realize it's not the cable at all but the actual port on the player where the cable connects. It seems that the cable is loose or not sitting properly in the port and after fiddling with it suddenly the player linked up to Rekordbox. After searching through the forum it looks like this has not been an issue, but then their isn't much of a database on here yet. 

I do keep my players in individual flight cases so the cable stays connected to the player at all times. Obviously from gigging the end that connects to the switch has seen the most abuse. My only fear is that since I leave the cables connected in the flight case, could this have created some sort of stress on the ethernet port? Its not like the cables are stuffed into the space behind the player so I really cannot imagine that being the culprit. 

Any thoughts? Cost on repair? I am kind of freaking out because I am booked in Lake Havasu every weekend until after Labor Day leaving me no time to have gear in the shop. My biggest fear is it disconnecting mid set. I have only had one Rekordbox fail in over a year of use and that happened before I started my set, not during. 

Thanks!! 

Christopher Feliciano

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

3 commenti

So after some googling, I found some archived threads regarding issues with the ethernet port. Took my cdj to the closest authorized repair center and they said that it is a known issue and that despite my deck being out of warranty, they were going to try to get authorization to do the repair for free instead of 200 dollars. 

So despite how tacky it is, I bought a brand new cdj 2000 today to use for the weekend and I will be returning it once my deck is done being serviced. Luckily PSSL takes care of me and I was honest with them about my intentions of basically renting it from them, but it was the only solution I could come up with. I  was shocked at how firmly the new decks ethernet port felt in contrast to the one that has failed. My unit had a ridiculous amount of play. 

So despite the headache, I can still honestly say it is a small price to play for a piece of gear that 99.99% of the time does exactly what I need it to do. Considering all of the ranting I read on this forum, I still think their is NO OTHER PLAYER that even comes close to this level of perfection. Now I just need to get my fader replaced on my djm 800 and I will be a happy camper. 2nd fader to fly off while mixing in 6 months, but I think my intensity might have more to do with it. 

Christopher Feliciano 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

When I purchased my CDJ 2000's and my DJM 2000 I hooked up the gear according to the manual to use a USB and link to the other deck.  For over a year i could not get the LINK function to work.  I swapped out CAT5's , did updates, you name it i tried it.  After researching for quite awhile I found others having similar issues with LINK not working deck to deck and or thru a hub to a computer.  PIONEER NEEDS TO POST THIS and let their consumers know. YOU NEED A CAT6 cables to ensure that the LINK function works properly.  I plugged a CAT6 cable in last night and now the feature i've been missing out on for over a year works perfectly!  I went round and round with support about the problem and finally they were going to have me take the decks in for service.  Thank god I tried this one last possible solution and it works!  USE CAT6 CABLES FOR ALL LAN CONNECTIONS for your pioneer gear, they are better cables and provide better shielding from any type of electrical interference anyways.  I hope this reaches anyone else with similar problems and is able to resolve the matter with a simple CAT6 cable instead of having some service shop rip apart your major investment and say "oh it was this or that, but use the new cable we provided for you its better!"  I don't get why this is not general knowledge to the service reps because I know i'm not the only one that has had this issue.  For some reason the CDJ 2000's are sensitive to CAT5.  Use a CAT6 for all your connections!  Hope this helps anyone else that thinks they may have a ethernet card issue with their deck, when it could possibly be fixed by changing cables.  

Here is where my search began and i found out that the CAT6 was the answer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hi3HeKXdJI 

Joey Atkinson 0 voti

Nope..does not work for me.  I still get same error as before (e-8302) cannot play track (c630).

I wish it worked tho D:

My 900 nxs however is able to play.  I strongly believe it is the waveform that is giving it the error

Painless Wolf 0 voti