Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

RE: Loop Out to enter the Loop Parameter Screen

Hey Guys, I have been experimenting with the Loop Parameters on the CDJ2000's Screen. This is achieved by setting a Loop and pressing Loop Out.

I watched a DJSounds Show where Dan Tait confirmed that this would be perfectly Quantized.

My Music Collection has all been Ananlized in Rekordbox and all other Measruments are in in place ie: Quantize is select to on in the 2000's/Rekordbox.

My issue is that as it is a great feature it cannot be usefully implimented. Paramenters do not seem to be Quantized well enough especially when you go from large to small measures.

If this were improved, it would be a great Feature.

Kenneth

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

7 commenti

Yes, I agree.. They have to improve this feature a little bit.. Even a little bit could make it better I think..

F!RMWAR3 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I also agree. There are some improvements that can be made in order to be more handy.

However I have noticed that it sounds much better if you hold the needle and release it, than just pressing it.

Dream Treez 0 voti

I never had any problem with this menu (except for the cdj locking on it as I have explained in another post here), but as Dream Treez suggests, I only use the "release" from the needle strip to select the loop length. I do not think the needle strip is built to work well when briefly touched.

Therefore I hit the "4 beat loop", then the "out" button and press my finger on the strip, then slide onto it until I find the right length, finally release it. I never experienced badly quantized loops when working this way.

julienx2k2 0 voti

I would definitely prefer for it to activate on press, not release, ... Every other button on the Pioneer equipment activates on press... I am tuned to clicking on beat, not releasing on beat... I could see why some may prefer release but this would be a nice user option.

Matt Play 0 voti

I agree with you Matt, I would also prefer to activate on press, but by pressing a button. I find it no safe to just press on needle search.

Dream Treez 0 voti

I like it the way it is. I know a few times I've went to grab a 16 bar loop hit it and got the ones next to it.  So I hit it a bit before I want it then if it's not the one I want a quick roll of the finger and bang drop it with taking my finger off. I think being a touch strip and not buttons  it gives you a bit more control the way it is. 

Morgo 0 voti