Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

CDJ screen & loop freezing upon hitting loop "out"

Hi all,

I experienced yesterday a problem already encountered earlier, with the 4.01 software version. I basically hit the "4-beat loop" button, then press the "out" one to select a longer length with the strip. What happens is a complete freeze of the screen - I can still play, cue tracks, etc. but the screen remains locked on the loop length menu. And it is impossible to select anything, the needle strip giving no answer. There's no way to close the menu.

I have tried to put another track instead, or recreate a loop, but nothing works. The only solution then is to reboot the player. I cannot reproduce this issue, it simply happens from time to time.

Config: the two players (FW 4.04) are connected to a Netgear switch, and I use Rekordbox 1.5 with pro dj link to communicate with the players through the switch. My laptop runs on Win 7, 64 bits.

julienx2k2

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

34 commenti

yep, i had this occur from time to time.. i thought i was the only one, as times it freezes on a screen i never seen before, just text saying 8 beat loop... 

Stripped Back 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Like two weeks ago, I had the exact same thing as described in post 1. That's the first time I saw it.. but then I have to say I don't use the loop Menu a lot because in my opinion, the loop menu could use some improvement.

F!RMWAR3 0 voti

Any news on this one? Has the problem been considered & investigated?

julienx2k2 0 voti

No, but Pioneer do have another new controller coming out.

Effect 0 voti

i think i going too make a video of the problem, but it does happen at random. so not sure how long before i can mae the video. 

Stripped Back 0 voti

@Pulse, no it can't be, since this error happened to me both on 4.01 and 4.04. I haven't mixed a lot since 4.05 came out so I cannot say for the latest FW version though. But the changelog does not mention this freezing issue anyway.

julienx2k2 0 voti

j'ai le meme probleme , le gel des écran cdj 2000 quan d j'utilise needle search , mais le probleme ne viens tous de suite cela depend , des fois ça fonctionne est des fois j'ai ce bug gel d'écran , le seul moyen est de eteindre la cdj 2000 , mais cdj 2000 on la derniere mise a jour et il sont toute neuve acheté en janvier

michel franck 0 voti

I have the same problem, freezing the screen cdj 2000 quantity of needle I use search, but the problem does not come all at once it depends, sometimes it works is that sometimes I freeze bug screen, the only way is to turn off the cdj 2000, cdj 2000 is the last update and there are brand new purchased in January

I apologized for the translation

michel franck 0 voti

@Michel - En ce qui me concerne pas de problème pour la VO ;)

@Pioneer mods - Still no news about that? as said previously, this has happened with 4.04 and actually with 4.05 as well. Haven't been using the CDJs a lot recently, but still have some (other) issues in spite of the few hours spent on them...

julienx2k2 0 voti

the problem of screen freeze still exists, even with the update 4.10, I hope this will be resolved as quickly avecune new version

michel franck 0 voti

I have created a ticket for the engineers to investigate this issue.

Pulse 0 voti

yes my cdj 2000 djm and my 2000 is the last update

michel franck 0 voti

@Gavin yes. I haven't had the issue with 4.10 yet, but that might be because I haven't used the players a lot either since then (even less the needle loop cutter). But as Michelfranck mentions it seems to have happened with 4.10 as well!

@Pulse thanks a lot!

julienx2k2 0 voti

The engineers have been testing and testing and testing and are unable to reproduce the error.  At this point they have to put this issue to the side and focus their efforts on other issues.  If you guys are able to find a consistent method to have the error occur, please let us know.

Pulse 0 voti

Après plusieurs test je me rendu contre que le de problème de gel ce produits lorsque la fonction Master tempo est active

michel franck 0 voti

SEVERAL test after I made against the screen freezing problem that occurs when the master tempo is active

michel franck 0 voti

happened to me with MT off. The problem with most of the issues discussed currently is that they are not replicable. They just pop up from time to time, apparently randomly. Well, there must be a reason behind all this, there always is. But since it is impossible to provoke the freezing on a voluntary basis, I'm afraid this bug and others will just stay here forever - until somehow they are unwillingly fixed by a future firmware update that corrects the root cause without the engineers even realizing it. I guess that can be called the downside of all-digital :)

julienx2k2 0 voti

Most of the time with these issues, the problems are with the audio files themselves (thats not to say the CDJs haven't had a few issues of their own) but every time we get someone to upload files to our servers to check them, the files are buggy.

Gavin 0 voti

Hi Gavin, if the players are so sensitive to buggy files, wouldn't it be a good idea for rekordbox to be able to perform some kind of check on the files during import? At least we get to see in advance which files might cause some problems in advance...

Phil 0 voti

@Phil > Yes, we are hoping for this kind of functionality to be incorporated.

Gavin 0 voti

I dont know if you guys noticed but it is NEVER the gear's fault but ALWAYS about the files now. The CDJ2000 forum should be closed then and a thread pinned with the following title "if you have any problems its your tracks fault!" 

Stroboscope 0 voti

Hahah nice suggestion :D

I don't know whether it is feasible, but couldn't there be a log of what's going on within the players? That would save a huge load of time for the engineers, we'd just have to send the log file to them each time there's an issue. Maybe something to think about for the CDJ-3000, or whatever the nr...

julienx2k2 0 voti

You don't want to see the log files created with the diagnostic tools we have; they grow VERY fast.

Pulse 0 voti

@Stroboscope > If you can repeat the process with a CD, then I'll believe that maybe it's the player.

Pulse 0 voti

i had the same problem,my cdj2000 freeze when using the loop and rekordbox,i use the latest updates

DJ FADY 0 voti

still waiting for a resolution to this problem, we Pionner need your help

michel franck 0 voti

@michel > You are on CDJ2000, correct? Have you updated to rekordbox to 2.0.2?

Gavin 0 voti