Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 follower Segui

re: Announcement concerning Master Tempo, Looping and MP3 playback

Hey :-)

in the past, some one asked of a posibility to went back to the old firmware cause they ment do get problems with the new one.

Will this be pissoble in the future?

Best Regards

Turntable.DJ

Turntable.DJ

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

21 commenti

Regarding the thread title, all I'm going to say is I'm very much so looking forward to the impending firmware release.  I have high hopes that you can deliver the goods, Pioneer!  :)

Mark90 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Mine expectations are also high for this new firmware. We just have to wait and see..

Dream Treez 0 voti

i wouldn't get your hopes up mark90. i suspect these are just the fixes to the small bugs that have been found recently, judging by the wording.

i think the master tempo fix is regarding the glitch i reported when MT is sometimes switched on, although i'd like to be wrong about this.

Phil 0 voti

Phil, hmm, I hadn't thought of that.  I fear you may be right.  :/

Mark90 0 voti

Regarding the topic title,  really looking forward to this! great news.

Love yahh Pioneer! 

Benno Revelli 0 voti

I have been having problems with loop ever since last update...... Pleeease, I hope this is what they are talking about fixing...... 2 songs exactly same speed (142 Bpm) running in time, Quant ON, playing through RB Link, catch a 1 beat loop on 1 track, and straight away it starts slipping.  Have to now pitch the looping deck +0.10% faster to stay in sync.  Then when exit the loop, put the pitch back to 0.00% or the song runs away being too fast.

I did this all the time with these 2 exact songs and never had a problem before the update....

Was looking to post this before but a scan through the forum put me off as some users complaining about the loops were getting 'blamed' for the problems, which just made me sigh... If a demo of the problem would help I can post one.

Accidentally used MT for the 1st time in months just recently, didn't notice it was on, but straight away noticed it the mess it was making, and then realised why.  MT off = immediate fix.  Kinda given up on ever using MT now.

As the the E- Errors, I don't think I have ever had one so nothing to add from that.

Fingers crossed :)

DJ SPiRiTMooN 0 voti

^ Yeah you made a good summary..

And PLEASE Pioneer Test the new FW  DOUBLE before publishing another worthless update.. 

F!RMWAR3 0 voti

@Phil909  You might be right.. but I certainly hope not! Really hope they will finally fix the MT!

F!RMWAR3 0 voti

i want to have needlesearch working during playback for even quicker search!!!!!

Zoltan Kovacs 0 voti

@Zoltan > This is purposely not implemented to avoid hitting the touch strip accidentally and ruining the mix / altering the position of the track.

Gavin 0 voti

so the

"""Corrected an issue which would cause the beat grid to become misaligned by 50ms when engaging the Master Tempo."""

listed in the 4.05 update from September, Is that the fix for

""" and with the Master Tempo function"""

that is listed in the announcement of things to be fixed, Or is that in response to the "MT sounding like crap" issue?

Reason I ask is again last night in the middle of the track, it sounded as if the track skipped pretty bad in the middle of playing, MT was on and I am sure that was the cause of it, would be nice for a fix soon being that I use MT a lot on some tracks so the key of the song doesn't sound to high

BriChi 0 voti

How much are you pitching the tracks that it would "sound high" without it engaged?

Pulse 0 voti

depends on the track, some have obvious recognized intros so even pitching it 3% makes a noticeable change in the key. The track I played last night with MT on was at about +4% and it jumped/skipped mid track

BriChi 0 voti

but either way, what was the announcement referring to, the fixed MT issue with turning it on and off, or the continuous complaint issue of how bad it sounds

BriChi 0 voti

The announcement was about the on/off bug only. Pulse has posted about the skipping issue or 'jitter' as the engineers have called it being fixed in an update.

Phil 0 voti

ok cool, as long as there is a shot of it still being fixed

BriChi 0 voti