Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 follower Segui

MAJOR PROBLEM WITH ETHERNET HUBS!

Now I'm not a computer geek but the very first time a plugged in the ethernet "Link" cables and then unplugged them I knew they were CHEAP! They are not smooth at all whether you are going in or out. It didn't bother me so much untill today my 2000's wouldn't LINK and I flipped out. Read the forums , researched, researched, tested multiple cables and it just happens to reconnect when I jiggle the connection in the back of the unit. So it's just loose. It's BRAND NEW! Come on Pioneer! I spent $4000 on these 2 units. They are under warranty but this shouldn't have ever happened. More thought needs to go into product development before DJ products go out. I have tons of ideas and one of them would def be using the very best connectors on equipment that cost so much! Please let me know if any upgrades to help my situation become available. Thanks and I will always support Pioneer...

JOHNBOY

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

33 commenti

i'm confused, the title is usb hubs but you talk about ethernet ports in the post, what are you having the issue with? the usb port or the ethernet port?

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Ethernet is a standard which is not defined by Pioneer. the computer industry designed this standard terminal and there are hardly any better types for this purpose. From your description it could be the connector/socket on the CDJ but also could be a faulty cable.

If you've swapped cables and the issue is still there, just go back to the store and they'll solve this issue for you.

Just FYI, most sockets that are broken are broken becuase of a USB lead that got inserted into it, when removing it the pins for the UTP sockets can get bend and broken....

Lead 0 voti

as standard as ethernet is, Pioneer did use crappier ethernet ports, I have posted videos showing store bought good quality cables working perfect in many ethernet ports ports but once I plug it into the cdj2000, If there is any type of movement from vibration, it disconnects and kills the link. I finally found 3 cables that work so i am sticking with those for now and hoping they don't break

BriChi 0 voti

My bad. I was tired when I first wrote this. I meant the Ethernet Hub. My bad...

JOHNBOY 0 voti

gotcha, either way, Yes, I am with ya, the ethernet ports are poorly made :(

BriChi 0 voti

the cables that came with my decks work fine and I also ordered 3 footers to be safe from Monoprice, go to their site and search item #2132

and here is a video I made showing the ports and how loose they are and how they disconnect so look at my steps and try and reproduce to ensure you have cable that will work with these ethernet ports, Sorry for the crappy quality of the video  :)

http://vimeo.com/17583329

BriChi 0 voti

Wow! That's the exact same problem I'm having. Thanks for ur time! I have a buddy with a micro soldering degree and I might just say screw the warranty and have him install better ones but we should NOT have to stick gum under our ethernet cables to make our $2000 CD players work properly. Especially when it's a month old and only been out to a club twice. Take care and thanks again BriChi!

JOHNBOY 0 voti

Live on eastern Long Island, Mainly DJ here, Some New Jersey and Connecticut parties also. Do mainly very high end Bar/BatMitzvahs and corporate work

BriChi 0 voti

@Johnboy > Sorry to hear of your issue - please return the unit to an authorised service centre for repair.

Gavin 0 voti

So even in Atlanta I'm looking at 1 month of down time for repair on a 10 cent jack. This is costing me $1000's either by buying a 3rd CDJ2000 while the other is being repaired or turning down gigs. I hope in the very near future that Pioneer upgrades to a better ethernet port.

JOHNBOY 0 voti

@Johnboy >  Sorry to hear it will take so long, emphasise you are in a rush with getting your unit back. You may want to consider renting a CDJ2000 so that you don't have to turn down so many valuable gigs.

The reported ethernet problems remain isolated incidents.

Gavin 0 voti

Gavin, I know Pioneer are reairing the ethernet ports under warranty. Would you be able to tell me if the below is the current spare part they are using in the replacment.

RJ45 MODULAR JACK DKN1576

Both my ports now require the cable to be "supported" (the RJ45 plug needs to be "lifted" to make the connection) as the port is too big. Since I bought my units overseas and cant go without them for months for the repair, I'll be paying for it myself.

Would you be able to advise if this is the current part they are using?

Alex. 

Alex McDonald 0 voti

@Alex > yes, I believe this is the correct part number. I'll double check but I'm about 99% sure.

Gavin 0 voti

Gavin,

Any joy on this part number?

Cheers,

Alex.

Alex McDonald 0 voti

@Alex > Yes, this is the correct part number. Sorry about the delay.

Gavin 0 voti

AH! Fairfield!  Sweet I will be up in New Haven but man, have a fun gig!

What music you play?

Painless Wolf 0 voti

Im having the same problem with my Ethernet ports. When i connect the link cable the connection is not 100% secure. I have tried around 5/6 different cables and all of these seem to be the same. Is this simply resolved by getting the ports replaced?

Oddie 0 voti

@Oddie > Have you had any dropouts in your connection? How old are the players?

Gavin 0 voti

the CDJs are not even a year old.i have done some research online and I've found out it is probably the Ethernet port at the back of the CDJs that are faulty.the CDJs have been taken for service under the warranty so hopefully they will be replaced however for them not being so old its a major fault that has clearly been over looked by pioneer.from the day i bought them the connection was never 100% accurate and 'dropouts' in connection got worse every time they were being used

Oddie 0 voti

as a rental company we invest thousands of euro's to buy proper connectors and cables between mixing desks, speakers, power etcetera, we even replace all the cdj cinch cables with higher quality cables. I really don't understand that pioneer chooses to send ALL music (when the players are linked)  signal trough a cheap rj45 cable and connector 'because it's a industry standard" . I dont give a f%%K about industry standard but i do care about a quality standard.  unfortunatly we are forced to buy a lot of pioneer players because the marketing behind this equipment is so strong, and everybody wants them.

We had several problem with linking this equipment, and there is every time a explenation for these problems, bad connector, bad cables, not the newest update, wrong ethernet switch, bla bla bla.  The problem is that this troubles always happen when the venue is packed and there is 2000 people in the place and a nervous dj shouting at my technician why it doesn't work...  so PLEASE get rid of these cheap sh°t and get quality connectors and cables in these equipment, we pay allready to much for these player (changing every one and half year with a newer model) .

and yes, we can send the players back to service repair, to check and replace the RJ45, but in a half year the troubles come back.... so what's the use of it? do we have to but every half year new players? is this the marketing strategy for professional users?

soundsystem 0 voti

What's the best way to test out its port if its faulty? Or they are all the same?

JCstudios 0 voti

Anyone having the same issue with the New NXS decks?

I ask this because when i did a quick google serach , all the threads came up were for the CDJ2000 not the NXS model. CAn anyone confirm this has been fixed in the NSX ?

JCstudios 0 voti

looking at the back of my nexus decks, the usb and ethernet ports look like better/higher quality then the 2000MK1's

BriChi 0 voti

I would like to add my additional support for (or distaste with) this issue. I am the technician for a major nightclub, open at least 3 nights a week, and Pioneer players are used in our booths every show. Additionally, I own CDJ units which are rented out as backline for outside shows. MOST of my decks have exhibited problems linking, due entirely to faulty/loose/poor-quality Ethernet jacks.

Two problems occur:

1. Silly people try to shove Ethernet cables in upside-down. While this isn't Pioneer's fault, it's an issue because the jacks are such low quality that they will yield to even the smallest amount of force, and the jack will distort, or pins will bend, totally destroying any reliability of the connector.

2. In my booths, gear is changed every day (in accordance with varying DJ riders), and the constant plugging, disconnecting, and re-plugging of connectors wears the jacks prematurely (even with my careful hands).

Generally I would not blame this on the manufacturer, as it is due to use, or misuse. However, the jack itself can not easily be replaced (it is a surface-mount component), and a replacement board cost over $250, as listed on the Pioneer parts website. If these jacks are not, or can not, be upgraded to more sturdy units, they should at least be placed on separate circuit boards from major components, so that failures can more easily be serviced with MUCH more inexpensive parts.

Justin Ryan 0 voti