Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Recording a mix set either in usb or computer?

How do i record a mix using my CDJ 2000 & DJM 900 directly into a USB plugged into the cdj?, djm 900? or directly into the connected laptop. I have been using logic since 3.5, the way I do it now is send a cable to my studio and press record. I would think there should be an easier way to record a mix using just the CDJ 2000 & DJM 900 

Any help would be appreciated

Super Lou

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

10 commenti

@Super Lou > You cannot record directly onto a USB stick from either the DJM900 or CDJ2000 - You can easily record directly into your laptop. Follow this laptop recording guide compiled for us by RyanJ - http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20108413-recording-guide

This is pretty straightforward and cost effective. If you are looking for a more compact solution to use to record live gigs then consider, perhaps, a MicroTrak or something from Yahama.

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Thanks Gavin for your help. I am very happy with recordbox great job with the software. If you could pass this along.... the beat grid being for define and color separation in the wave would help with making tighter que points ....... Energize

Super Lou 0 voti

What about if I am trying to record out of the BOOTH of the DJM-900 Nexus in to a Zoom H4n field recorder?  I keep getting this hiss in my DJ sets when I am in the studio.  When I record into my audio interface on my Apogee Duet into Logic or Soundtrack Pro, I don't hear that.  However the Zoom H4n can be used as an audio interface, so why am I getting a hiss.  I have the Zoom H4n set to Input 1/2 when I am recording from the DJM-900 mixer.  I am completely stumped.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have the link for the manual for the Zoom H4n.  The pdf is too big for me too attach.  Here's the link:     http://www.zoom.co.jp/downloads/h4n/software/      Thank you so much in advance. 

Eric Lubin

Eric Lubin 0 voti

@Eric > Try using the REC output instead of the BOOTH.

Pulse 0 voti

I talked to someone at Pioneer about four months ago about this issue.  They said that there wasn't a difference between BOOTH and REC OUT.  But, my professor for my 'Sound Reinforcement' class  said the same exact thing that you said.  He gave me an RCA to 1/4" wire,so I'll let you know how it sounds.  Thanks for the fast reply.  I really appreciate it.

Eric Lubin

Eric Lubin 0 voti

@Eric > The booth output and REC output use different circuits and the REC quality is through a higher quality D/A converter and thus should sound better.

Pulse 0 voti

The REC output is producing no "hiss".   The recording sounds ace.  Thanks again for all your help.  I really really appreciate your time and effort.  Cheers.

Eric Lubin

Eric Lubin 0 voti

Hey everyone! Eric, thanks for your initial troubleshooting on this. I have a follow up issue. I am attempting to record out of a DJM 700 mixer record output  to an H4N recorder. I have purchased a high quality RCA to 1/4 inch chord that plugs into the bottom of the H4N. It records and it looks like it's reading the output properly, not clipping but still coming in properly. HOWEVER, when I import the file into my computer as a 24 bit WAV file at 48 KHZ, I compare the sound of it to any other high quality sets, and it sounds terrible. There is a bit of a hollow sound, that is not full and of listenable quality. 

What am I doing wrong here? How do I record my sets properly so that they sound great? So stumped :( any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dersu Rhodes 0 voti

If you're running a DJM700, why not connect the digital output to your recorder?

As long as your CHANNEL LEVELS out of the red? That would have an impact on your recording levels, not the master level.

Pulse 0 voti