Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

Error E-8302 (B611)

Hi, I have upgraded to Record Box 1.5. for my CDJ2000 i use one hard disk for a long time. It has many playlists stored on it.

Now I have after the ugrade of record box the problem that very often when I load a track into the CDJ2000 from the USB disk connect (both though the Link function or on the direct connected player) i get the eroor message after some seconds of loading: E-8302 (B611) when I press load again it will load the track and all is fine.

What i also notice is that it takes always a lot of time to load the BPM information into the player. This blocks me from quick loading a next track where I need a sample from for instance.

What is going on?

Attached the picture of the error message.

Regards GW

GWsound

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

28 commenti

|
Errorcode
| Description
| Possible cause
|
|
E-7201
| TOC Read Error

unable to read TOC
| Disc is cracked > replace disc
|
|
E-8301

E-8302

E-8303
| PLAYER Error (returning)

PLAYER Error (playback)

PLAYER Error (buffer writing)

Disc rotates but no playback
| Disc is dirty > clean disc
|
|
E-8304
| MP3 decode Error

Disc cannot be played
| Disc is not in supported format > replace disc
|
|
E-8305
| Disc Format Error

Disc cannot be played
|
|
E-8306
| No File

File cannot be played
|
|
E-8307
| USB Write Failed

Writing to USB cannot be completed
| Media is write protected > Remove write protection
|
|
E-9101
| Mechanical Error

Mechanics didn't complete fast enough
| Dust or foreign particles might be inserted > remove this
|

I had the same problem.

Format the usb-disk and copy the music again helped me.

steve 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@GWsound > Are you loading that track directly from the USB or are you loading it over the LINK from another player?  Have you tried re-formatting the USB device (using a non-windows tool, such as Swissknife of the HP USB formatting tool) and re-exporting all your tracks?

Pulse 0 voti

In both cases it happens, but more often over the LINK from another player. It looks like there is a maximum amount of tracks that it can handle from a USB disk. It becomes to slow and times out. In cases that there is no error message it takes a lot of time to load a track over LINK.

GWsound 0 voti

Not true - there is no limit to the number of tracks you can load to a device, nor how it will perform in loading (only performance issue is speed).

I would suggest trying a different USB device.  What are you using now?

Pulse 0 voti

I'm using a harddisk from VErbatim 500GB. Only WAV files by the way.

GWsound 0 voti

@GWsound > Have you tried using a different ethernet cable between the players?

Pulse 0 voti

YES I tried to use different cables, makes no difference. I think it is the amount of files on the disk that is the problem. If I use a disk with less files it goes OK. I use a 1GB switch in between.

Mind you that it started after the upgrade to recordbox 1.5.0. Before that there was no problem at all...

Can you also have a look at my other emergency call regarding the playlist export from Recordbox. I need to burn lot's of CD's from my playlists in Recordbox. Otherwise I can not use the CDJ100mk3 during my next gig.

GWsound 0 voti

It has nothing to do with the number of files on the drive.  You say you tried another drive - is it a different type / brand?  Perhaps try exporting all your files to THAT drive and see if it does the same thing.

As for the CD export, no; that's not a feature of Rekordbox although it has been suggested a while ago.  You can use the user-suggested method of "locate" to find the file and then drag-and-drop it to your burning app.

Pulse 0 voti

I just recently ran into this error as well 

Error E-8302 (B611)

I'm currently using a MacBook Pro 2011, Western Digital 1TB external HDD, CDJ-2000's linked to the DJM-2000 via ethernet cord and serato.  The error only occurs when I use the track off of the HDD and not the MBP.  The track was purchased on beatport.com and I've had no issues with it during normal playback in Serato.  As I examined the actual file in the folder on the HDD and the MBP, I noticed there was another copy of the track with the following name "1606560_Le Velour_Original Mix.mp3.asd".  I noticed the extension .asd was added to the file and is supposedly some type of error in the registry.  

I also tried opening another folder via the CDJ-2000 using the external USB HDD, but it came up empty.  I know I have songs in that folder so I checked the folder with my MBP and saw there were songs in there, but noticed there was a file with the extension .asd attached.  I'm at work right now, but will try deleting these files and see if the gets rid of the error.  I'll be reporting back soon.

Hideki428 0 voti

@Hideki428 > Have you run your tracks through rekordbox?

Gavin 0 voti

I got this error too today.

RB is version 1.5.2 - on Win7 Laptop Computer

DJM-2000 is version 2.01

CDJ-2000 are version  4.10, players 2 and 3

Windows Driver is version 1.10

Connections:     1.   Computer, mixer and players via PRO DJ LINK

2.  Computer and DJM via USB (Rekordbox is monitored on Ch. 1)

I was preparing "Auto Loops" on the computer (using RB of course) and testing the tracks on the players when suddenly I got an "E-8302:  Player Error B611" prompt on player #3.  The error supposedly will manifest if or when playing dirty CD (among other things).  This is weird because all I have are WAV files and I was NOT using CD.

When you press LINK on Player #3, you will see a rotating arrow (signifying that it's working) and after a minute or so, displays Rekordbox, CDJ, and the DJM.  In short, you see in player #3 screen, all the other units that are in link together.

If you grab a track and drop on player #3, the icon turns orange.  The player will not play.   On the CDJ screen you will see a rotating arrow and after a while, the error prompt, mentioned above.

Turned off the mixer, CDJs and powered down the computer.  After a minute, brought everything up and tested the units as follows:

RB (computer) to DJM = plays okay

CDJ #2 to DJM with music files on a USB = plays okay

CDJ #2 to DJM when RB track is drop on its icon = plays okay

CDJ #2 to DJM using CD = plays okay

CDJ #3 to DJM with music files on a USB =plays okay

CDJ #3 to DJM using CD = plays okay

From the above, it looks like the PRO LINK is not working correctly.

PIONEER:  Help!  We need resolution ASAP!

GlasEye2 0 voti

Gavin, 

I didn't use rekordbox, but I did delete all of the .asd files and all the songs play fine now.  Weird...  Hope that helps.

Hideki428 0 voti

It is very well possible that the link feature is not always stable. During a live gig where I used RB on a laptop and als USB sticks in the CDJ2000 I noticed that sometimes the link to one of the players simply dropped. When pressing the link button again after some minutes it worked again. Very strange..

GWsound 0 voti

Did some more trouble shooting after yesterday's fiasco.

1.  Installed the CDJ driver (first time I noticed this) since I was disperate on having to revive player #3;

2.  Changed player number from 3 to 4;

3.  Moved the CDJ output to DJM's input 4; and

4.  Ran the following tests:

Played a track from the same USB with 100+ music files, used yesterday = plays okay

Played a track directly from a CD = plays okay

5.  Brought up RB and with the LINK active, selected and dropped a track to CDJ #4 icon

The CDJ's rotary white light blinked.  After approx 30 sec the LINK (blue) button turned on.  The CDJ screen however, was blank.  After awhile, the "E-8302: Player Error B611" prompt came up.

So, it could be that RB or the PRO DJ LINK or both is/are the culprit.

GlasEye2 0 voti

HURRAY!!!

I GOT MY PLAYER BACK!

RB 1.5.2 is the BUGGY, Son of A B**CH that caused problems for me!  I am not touching this version again!

If you use RB 1.5.1 then you will not have the error ""E-8302: Player Error B611"

that I experienced and reported above.  At least that is true to my set-up.

I just finished testing my units with my other laptop running XP and RB 1.5.1 and ALL  IS  FINE!   Whew!!!!  Lol.

GlasEye2 0 voti

Just an FYI so all users do not think 1.5.2 is a buggy son of a b**ch, I have it Mac, OSX 10.7.2 and have been running tests all week and it is really solid. Not sure what's up with XP issues

BriChi 0 voti

RB 1.5.2 is a buggy son of a b**ch to me.  Will not even allow you to "move" or "fine tune" the "end point" (out) of the loop.  Talking about non-quantized tracks of course.  You are forced to "redo from scratch" the points you want marked.  Even with my 17" screen, it is still an irritating chore. What more if you only have 15" screen or less?

So, Windows users - watch out!  Version 1.5.2 might have been released for MAC users delight.

GlasEye2 0 voti

@Hideki 428 > *.asd files are made by Microsoft Word as temporary documents.  Have you been opening your MP3s with MS-Word?

@GlasEye2 > It's entirely possible that with all your moving of stuff around that the cable connecting deck 3 was the problem and moving it around finally reseated it.

Pulse 0 voti

@Pulse

The CDJs, DJM and the computer were working in harmony after the RB 1.5.2 update.   As mentioned, I was testing the Auto Cues on player #3 (with a USB present) when I got the "E-8302: Player Error B611". 

Reinstalling RB 1.5.1 got me going again.  Besides, I find this version more ‘user friendly’ as far as marking Auto Cue ‘In’ and ‘Out’ manually is concerned.

I will image my Windows system and try the update again then do some tinkering around.  And if it doesn’t work then no worries – I’ll just load the image and wait for version 1.6.x to me out. 

GlasEye2 0 voti

blasted keyboard . . .  :(

to me out = to come out

GlasEye2 0 voti

After re-installing the Rekordbox update, ver 1.5.2 does not work in my Windows7 system.  Now, it does not establish the LINK to the DJM-2000.  Also, the CDJ-2000 works faultlessly - it links with the mixer!

Version 1.5.1 does not have this problem.  This is what I am using now.

GlasEye2 0 voti

@Pulse - I know you have to ask the question as part of the troubleshooting, but no I have not been opening the file with Word.  I did notice that one of the folders that have songs in them, but appeared empty when viewed through the CDJ-2000 actually was still empty even after deleting the .asd files in it.  I simply reformatted the entire drive and transferred all the songs and folders as is and it worked fine.  

Hideki428 0 voti

@Hideki428 > It's weird, right?  I don't know if there are other programs that use .asd files, the common reference I found online was for MS Word, which is why I asked -- I didn't expect that you were opening MP3s with Word, but I have to check!  lol

@GlasEye2 > I would be interested in troubleshooting that 1.5.2 issue; can I email you?

Pulse 0 voti

.asd files are created by ableton live. They hold the beatgrid data and are put in the same folder as the mp3 or wav.

Phil 0 voti

I had the same problem error code, the problem is resolved, I deactivated wifi + firewall

Franck Michel 0 voti