Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

Cannot Switch to CD Mode and use Timecode Cds after using USB Sticks

I'm experiencing this issue very often on CDj-2000s but also CDj-900s. If i've been using USB Sticks and i need to switch to cd mode in order to use Timecode cds the cd player doesn't allow me to do that. i try to press the Back Button and any other button but no way... i always have to switch the players off and on again. The devices have the latest firmwares onboard

Giona Guidi

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

16 commenti

Giona, let me get this right.

You play music in cdj2000 using usb stick, you need to change in order to play with timecode cds and computer dj software but it doesnt allow you. 

Do you press "usb stop" button in order the player to disconnect from usb stick ?? 

Dream Treez 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Well this is the scenario:

2 CDJ-2000 linked
1 USB stick

If i need to swtich to CD mode i cannot disconnect the usb stick on the master cd player, so i have to start with the other player which is in LINK mode. When i press CD button the player switches from Link mode to CD mode but the signal coming from the timecode media is not good. If i switch off and on the CDJ-2000 everything works perfectly.

Giona Guidi 0 voti

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand -- the complaint is not about not being able to switch but rather the signal from the timecode CD itself?

Pulse 0 voti

Ciao Pulse,

i'll do my best to clarify. I'm using USB stick in LINK MODE and i need to switch to CD MODE because the DJ coming after me is going to use timecode cds with Traktor. I insert the timecode cd and press CD button. The display switches to CD and it shows the first track (of 3). Everything seems to be ok but when i press play the calibration system in Traktor warns that the signal is not good Thus i switch off the player and switch it on again: everything works perfectly, the signal is ok. Obviously we are not using direct USB connection between Traktor and CDJs, but  Audio8 DJ.

Same scenario but with traditional cd media... i insert the cd and press CD button but the display doesn't show the content of the disc, neither loads the tracks. Again, if i switch off and on the player everything works perfectly.

Giona Guidi 0 voti

@Giona > It sounds to me like there could be a problem with the player if even when you use a regular audio CD the player doesn't show the content until you reboot the player.  You should contact technical support to have them diagnose the problem or arrange for servicing.

Pulse 0 voti

Try pushing the cd button so the display changes to what's showing on on the cd. Now hit the selecter knob to select the cd track try that you should be fine.

Morgo 0 voti

Missed the the bit where you said it does not display what's on the cd me bad.

Morgo 0 voti

I had a similar issue a couple times, with two different pairs of CDJ-2000

I was playing with USB sticks and the dj that came after me was not able to switch to cd mode. The cd were loaded but no audio and tracks. They had to switch off the player and reboot it. 

DJ Swiss 0 voti

@DJ Swiss > As you're only the second person to report this, please see my last post about contacting tech support.

Pulse 0 voti

Thanks Pulse, but the CDJs were not mine. I experienced this issue in two different clubs. By the way may i ask what is the correct procedure in the following scenario?

• A couple of CDJ-2000 linked through LAN cable
  • 1 USB Stick inserted in one of the two CJ-2000 (for instance the left one)
  • The other CDJ-2000 (the right one) is reading tracks in link mode
  • I need to play a cd

What do i do?

1. The left CDJ-2000 is playing through the USB Stick in USB mode
  2. Vice versa the right CDJ-2000 is playing in link mode

Thanks

DJ Swiss 0 voti

This just occurred to me -- have you tried pressing and holding the BACK button rather than pressing it once?  I remember another issue with changing from PC link where holding BACK was the solution.

Pulse 0 voti

Yes mate, i tried to hold it but no way, we had to reboot the cd players. I need to underline they were updated to the latest available firmware 4.10

DJ Swiss 0 voti