Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Full display width for file browsing

Recently I've played with a USB stick for the very first time, and since I don't own CDJ-2000's It was quite an adventure how this would work out (video here http://bit.ly/mTsDzF ). I knew before I started that de WAV files I use don't have tags so I chose not to create a Rekordbox library but use filebrowsing instead. One question though:

Is there  a way to browse through files without having the right half of the display being used to show details? It is very difficult to read the filenames this way and I would prefer browsing with using the full width of the screen.

Nelsen Grover

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

16 commenti

I had the same proposal on the old forum.... Good idea!

It would be handy because I have many versions of a song:

Pioneer dj forum (Puls mix)

Pioneer dj forum (Puls mix Instrumental)

Pioneer dj forum (Djm mix)

usually the names are too long to see the last word...

So I can't immediately decide which version I want to play.

I have to wait and let the song title scroll by.

If the album art would be gone, and we would have 2 or just even 1 full line,....Then we would be happy :)

For me, I don't use the album art. I could miss it.

Think about it :)  this is useful!

TheOne 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Not sure if this is what your are talking about but there is an option in the 2000 menu to view track, or track+info (could be worded a little different, ill check the decks later"

BriChi 0 voti

here are 2 options in the menu I think may help you guys

TRACK INFORMATION -   

Track Info OR Track Info+Comments 

Selects the method for displaying music file information. 

** PLAYLIST VIEW     **

LIST/ Track Info    

Selects the method for displaying play- lists. 

BriChi 0 voti

that's it !!!

If you select Track Info only , the comments will be gone but the title will get an extra line :)

That's just what I need ;)

Thanks alot Brichi !!! you made my day :D

Great to still find new options after having the decks for such a long time!!!

TheOne 0 voti

Hi.  I agree with this forum, and although I have the latest firmware and the info+comments turned off, it still doesn't remove the right hand side of the screen.  I'm not posting this to start an argument with other forum dj's, Im just expressing my opinions and concerns with these new top of the line players.  I understand that Pioneer uses top name performers to receive feedback on their units, but I think that the general masses buying these are more of a money maker than just the top pros.  If only the top pros bought these, then I doubt Pioneer would make much money on them.  I truly believe it is necessary (as a professional DJ) to have the option to remove the right hand section of the screen, especially since most titles are long and have remixes which make the name even longer, so having to wait for the name to scroll is a definite hindrance to the performance.  I know that the entire title shows up in the right hand side, but personally, I don't like that method.  I scroll up and down extremely fast and the screen cant keep up.  Pioneer PLEASE consider adding the option to remove that right hand side in the menu options.  I love my Pioneer decks, and would not trade em for any other brand at this point, but I would really 100% stand behind these decks if this option becomes available.  Thanks!

Paul Johnston 0 voti

I agree 100% Paul, I hate when I have 2-3 tracks in a row and labeled via the remix but I cannot see it until it starts to scroll, pretty annoying 

BriChi 0 voti

Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately my impression is that there is no solution at the moment. If I am wrong please correct me, since I don't have CDJ2000's to check it.

There are two scenario's that would work for me:

1) Rekordbox may have a smart filename reader that renders metadata for my WAV files. This way I can browse in library mode with a 2 pane view, one for title and one for artist.

2) It will be adjustable to have the right hand side (light background with extra info) removed totaly in file browser mode, so I can see the most of the file names in full display width.

As it looks right now, both scenario's are impossible at the moment. Only solution I guess would be converting to mp3's and accept a subtle quality loss...

Nelsen Grover 0 voti

We requested this a long time ago but the problem is a GUI redesign is not only expensive but difficult.

Pulse 0 voti

@ Pulse...I am absolutely sure that you are correct and that redesigning the software can be expensive, however I believe that they can do it reasonably quickly and efficiently by simply changing some of the programming language.  Pioneer also have a team of people who design the firmware updates so they obviously know the software behind it inside and out.  As far as cost goes, my 4,500$ worth of two cdj decks should be a testament  of how much Pioneer makes from the sale of their pro DJ line.  If we all buy Numark or Stanton instead, saving us lots of money, Pioneer would not be very happy...I am not very happy with my purchase because I think the money spent does not represent TOP QUALITY and INDUSTRY STANDARD worthiness.  Like the play/cue buttons being of sub par quality, resulting in the collapse of the button...if this gear is 'road worthy' and wants to maintain the 'industry label, AND wants to be by far the most expensive, it NEEDS to be the absolute best built, and best functioning product available.  I bought these after owning the cdj 500 II, the cdj 200, the cdj 800MKII, the cdj 1000MKIII, the djm 400, and the djm 800.  All of my previous experiences with Pioneer Dj products were fine. (other than the cue/play buttons)  I LOVE my Pioneer decks, I just think the latest releases are premature, almost like they were rushed off the production line.  Bottom line, they can afford to make new firmware options and customization available, and they should.  Thanks!

Paul Johnston 0 voti

I also believe that after 17 or so  years in the DJ Gear production business, Pioneer would have figured out that there are things that constantly break on the units, like the cue buttons, so maybe they should make those parts stronger?  I am light on my cue buttons, so mine are fine, but most of the Pioneer cdj decks I've played on at clubs or rentals have collapsed CUE/PLAY buttons, as a result of regular DJ USE/ABUSE.  I am aware that there are many features on the CDJ decks that you simply don't get on anything else, like the oil filled, self leveling feet or the double chassis design to minimize vibration.  Very nice features, although taken for granted.  I just want my gear to be the BEST.  I don't care if it says Pioneer, I didn't buy the label, I bought the industry standard, and the flagship models.  Pioneer did a great job with all their previous DJ products, I just expect the same from my new decks.  I believe that is fair.

Paul Johnston 0 voti

@Paul > I understand your frustration and that you've spent a lot of your hard-earned money on these players however there is only so much they can change in the player in terms of the layout and GUI without requiring major overhauling and VERY expensive redesign... and then there's the risk that some users will want it the way it already appears and they'll be upset and want it changed back.

Pulse 0 voti

The changes within the GUI that we are looking to see are just optional changes.  I'm not looking for Pioneer to overhaul their whole display, just to add an option that allows you to remove the right side (white portion) so that the entire title is visible all at once.  Even in taglist mode, the way it looks is fine, except they've added the info section in the title line.  If they allow a full width title list viewing as an option, that would be appreciated by most I think.  Have it the way it is by default, but have the option to change it.  Thanks.

Paul Johnston 0 voti

Even "optional" display changes would take a lot of work to implement.

Pulse 0 voti