Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

How does the CDJ-900 integrate with Serato Scratch Live

According to Pioneer, "HID enables easy, precise and native control of DVS systems such as Serato Scratch Live, Native Instruments’ Traktor series and MixVibes Cross2 without the need for time-coded discs."

My question is if you don't use the time-coded discs, how do you connect the CDJ-900 to work with SL? Do you connect the CDJ to the computer via USB and active it as midi in SL? How does the SL box get integrated into the setup? Any help on making all this work would be great. 

My current set is 2 Tech 1200's, Pioneer DJM 600 and SL ... I'm looking to swap the Tech 1200's out for the CDJ-900 which is why I'm asking this question. 

Michael Ioia

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

3 commenti

@Michael > USB cables are required to connect the player directly to the computer (or to a USB hub).  When in PC mode, the players will then interact with the software to control it without use of timecode CDs.  It's not MIDI, it's HID -- which provides a higher resolution of control as well as better bi-directional signals for track data and other information to be displayed on the player itself.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Will I still need the Serato control box? How would that all get connected?

I also have another question, which is off this topic, if I use the CDJ-900 with rekordbox will my Novation Dicer work with rekordbox?

Michael Ioia 0 voti

Yes, you still need any SL box or compatible Rane mixer.

Rekordbox is not a performance software and as such, doesn't support MIDI control.

Pulse 0 voti